PDA

View Full Version : Importing Playlists in 6.1bx

Patrick Dixon
2005-07-13, 12:37
Now that Playlist are held in cache, it seems that the only way to import m3u playlist files that are created 'off-line', is by doing a full Rescan. With a large file system (and a slow server) this can take some time, so what about spliting the Rescan feature into 'Rescan Music' and 'Rescan Playlists'?

Just a thought ....

Patrick Dixon
2005-07-13, 12:39
Actually, imported playlists don't seem to work anyway, so perhaps not such a good thought after all ...

vidurapparao
2005-07-13, 12:44
Patrick Dixon wrote:

>Actually, imported playlists don't seem to work anyway, so perhaps not
>such a good thought after all ...
>
>
Patrick, what do you mean by this? Are you not able to see imported
playlists after doing a rescan at all?

--Vidur

-wouter-
2005-07-13, 14:43
Would this behavour also relate to the fact that my playlists are all showed in one list, in stead of the folders I organised them in? Right now it's horrible to find the right playlist as custom lists and radio stations are now intermixed and I have quite a few of both which *were* pretty organized...

kdf
2005-07-13, 14:48
Quoting -wouter- <wouter-.1s4o4z (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
> Would this behavour also relate to the fact that my playlists are all
> showed in one list, in stead of the folders I organised them in? Right
> now it's horrible to find the right playlist as custom lists and radio
> stations are now intermixed and I have quite a few of both which *were*
> pretty organized...

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1740

-kdf

Patrick Dixon
2005-07-13, 14:54
Patrick, what do you mean by this? Are you not able to see imported playlists after doing a rescan at all?Yes, I can see them just fine. It's just that I've created the playlists on an XP box and my slimserver runs on a Linux box, so even though it's the same filesystem, the files are referenced differently in each case. I'm not sure there's much you can do about that!

But maybe it wasn't such a bad idea - it's just that it doesn't work for me in this particular circumstance.

BTW, I think there is still a bug where deleteing a cached playlist that has already been deleted on the filesystem, crashes the server. I'll check tomorrow (UTC) and file a bug if I can reproduce it.