PDA

View Full Version : Playlist Help

pgershon
2005-07-13, 05:35
Hello All:

I am trying to find an easy way for my wife to configure playlists for our Squeezebox. She currently uses the browser interface and has all kind of issues with it. Ideally I would love to use iTunes, but a similar editor would work fine too. Here are our setup details:

Music library resides on my Macintosh. My wife accesses through a laptop over a network. The Mac can create Squeezebox native playlists with the browser or iTunes playlists that also can be accessed from Squeezebox. The PC, however, cannot create iTunes playlists. I tried making my music library on the Apple shared. While this allows the PC iTunes to see all the music on the Mac server, the PC is not permitted to create a playlist with songs from the shared library. In a perfect world, it would be great if I could do something to get iTunes to permit playlist creation from a shared library, but I am assuming this will not be possible.

I suppose the next best thing would be to find an editor with the simplicity of itunes that works on a networked library (and ideally stores files in Squeezebox readable format). Any ideas? Even better would be if there was a way to download the song list to the laptop, and then create and modify a playlist off line from the server (and without all the songs filling the harddrive), and finally upload the list back to the server at a later date. Thoughts on that?