PDA

View Full Version : Can't locate auto/DBI/connect.al



Simon Tennant
2005-07-13, 01:52
I upgraded to SlimServer_v6.1b2 last night and also did an apt-get
dist-upgrade of my debian server which upgraded perl. I am now
receiving the following message:

Can't locate auto/DBI/connect.al in @INC (@INC contains:
/opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2/Plugins
/opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2
/opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2/CPAN
/opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2/CPAN/arch/5.8.7/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi
/opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2/CPAN/arch/5.8.7/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi/auto
/opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2/CPAN/arch/5.8/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi
/opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2/CPAN/arch/5.8/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi/auto
/opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2/CPAN/arch/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi
/etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.7 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7
/usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8
/usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at
/opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2/Slim/DataStores/DBI/DataModel.pm line
113

Is anyone else having the same problem? Incidentally I use mysql for
the backend.

S.

--
Simon Tennant ________________ http://imaginator.com/~simon/contact

kdf
2005-07-13, 02:26
Quoting Simon Tennant <simon (AT) imaginator (DOT) com>:


> Is anyone else having the same problem? Incidentally I use mysql for
> the backend.
>
likely related to this, I'm guessing.

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1799

my guess, the mysql upgrades aren't compatible with slimserver.

-kdf

mherger
2005-07-13, 03:18
>> Is anyone else having the same problem? Incidentally I use mysql for
>> the backend.
>>
> likely related to this, I'm guessing.
>
> http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1799
>
> my guess, the mysql upgrades aren't compatible with slimserver.

I didn't find the post anymore... but isn't this due to some
missing/incompatible DBD/DBI modules? He mentioned having updated perl.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

michael
2005-07-14, 13:01
Simon Tennant <simon (AT) imaginator (DOT) com> writes:

> I upgraded to SlimServer_v6.1b2 last night and also did an apt-get
> dist-upgrade of my debian server which upgraded perl. I am now
> receiving the following message:
>
> Can't locate auto/DBI/connect.al in @INC (@INC contains:
> /opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2/Plugins
> /opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2
> /opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2/CPAN
> /opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2/CPAN/arch/5.8.7/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi
> /opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2/CPAN/arch/5.8.7/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi/auto
> /opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2/CPAN/arch/5.8/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi
> /opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2/CPAN/arch/5.8/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi/auto
> /opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2/CPAN/arch/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi
> /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.7 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7
> /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8
> /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at
> /opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2/Slim/DataStores/DBI/DataModel.pm line
> 113
>
> Is anyone else having the same problem? Incidentally I use mysql for
> the backend.

I ran into the same problem using sqlite. It's not a mysql problem.

I haven't really tracked the core problem down yet, but I did notice
that @INC points to slimserver directories that don't exist. The
quick and dirty hack until it get's fixed properly is to create a
symlink in [slimserver dir]/CPAN/arch/5.8/ from i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi
to i386-linux-thread-multi
It's not a real solution, but it'll workaround until it does get
fixed.

I hope that helps.

-michael

--
"I must create my own system, or be enslav'd by another man's"
-William Blake

Simon Tennant
2005-07-15, 10:16
This has solved the problem, temporarily.

Thanks.

S.


On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 01:01:32PM -0700, michael wrote:
> Simon Tennant <simon (AT) imaginator (DOT) com> writes:
>
> > I upgraded to SlimServer_v6.1b2 last night and also did an apt-get
> > dist-upgrade of my debian server which upgraded perl. I am now
> > receiving the following message:
> >
> > Can't locate auto/DBI/connect.al in @INC (@INC contains:
> > /opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2/Plugins
> > /opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2
> > /opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2/CPAN
> > /opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2/CPAN/arch/5.8.7/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi
> > /opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2/CPAN/arch/5.8.7/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi/auto
> > /opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2/CPAN/arch/5.8/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi
> > /opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2/CPAN/arch/5.8/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi/auto
> > /opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2/CPAN/arch/i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi
> > /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.8.7 /usr/local/share/perl/5.8.7
> > /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.8 /usr/share/perl/5.8
> > /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at
> > /opt/slimserver/SlimServer_v6.1b2/Slim/DataStores/DBI/DataModel.pm line
> > 113
> >
> > Is anyone else having the same problem? Incidentally I use mysql for
> > the backend.
>
> I ran into the same problem using sqlite. It's not a mysql problem.
>
> I haven't really tracked the core problem down yet, but I did notice
> that @INC points to slimserver directories that don't exist. The
> quick and dirty hack until it get's fixed properly is to create a
> symlink in [slimserver dir]/CPAN/arch/5.8/ from i486-linux-gnu-thread-multi
> to i386-linux-thread-multi
> It's not a real solution, but it'll workaround until it does get
> fixed.
>
> I hope that helps.
>
> -michael
>
> --
> "I must create my own system, or be enslav'd by another man's"
> -William Blake



>