PDA

View Full Version : 6b2: Out of memory error



jeibie
2005-07-11, 07:54
Hi,

Installed 6b2 on a Debian SID System. A few minutes after
starting above version following error appears:

Warning: 'ParserOpts' is deprecated, contact the author if you need it at /usr/local/SlimServer_v6.1b2/Slim/Formats/Parse.pm line 737
Out of memory!

This happens on version 6b1 also!

Greats
Jeibie

Dan Sully
2005-07-11, 09:43
* jeibie shaped the electrons to say...

>Installed 6b2 on a Debian SID System. A few minutes after
>starting above version following error appears:
>
>Warning: 'ParserOpts' is deprecated, contact the author if you need it
>at /usr/local/SlimServer_v6.1b2/Slim/Formats/Parse.pm line 737
>Out of memory!
>
>This happens on version 6b1 also!

jeibie - do you have any .asx or .wpl playlists in your tree?

-D
--
<faisal> my life is collapsing to what will soon be NEGATIVE INTEGER degrees of separation.

jeibie
2005-07-11, 11:25
No, I dont have such files in my tree.

But my music store is very large.
Could that be the problem?

Thanks
Jeibie

jeibie
2005-07-11, 11:27
Forgot to say: Version 6.0.2 is running very stable without any
problems.

Dan Sully
2005-07-11, 11:30
* jeibie shaped the electrons to say...

>No, I dont have such files in my tree.
>
>But my music store is very large around 25000 files.
>Could that be the problem?

No, that wouldn't be a problem.

What about playlists that point to remote streams?

-D
--
<dr.pox> what're the units of the coefficient of agnosticity? I don't knows per hour?

jeibie
2005-07-11, 11:59
I dont know this exactly - but cannot imagine it.

What I have: there is a symlink to another directory inside
music tree - could that be a problem?

Dan Sully
2005-07-11, 12:05
* jeibie shaped the electrons to say...

>I dont know this exactly - but cannot imagine it.
>
>What I have: there is a symlink to another directory inside
>music tree - could that be a problem?

Doubtful - but try removing it and see what happens.

-D
--
They're techno trousers, ex-NASA, fantastic for walkies!

jeibie
2005-07-14, 05:04
Dan,

think I found the problem:
Its a subdirectory containing mp3s.
If I remove this directory Slimserver 61b2 works without
any problems, if this directory is in the Slimserver
crashes.
Canh you recommend any tools to scan over ther files to
look whats wrong with them?
Slimserver 6.0.3 runs without any problems - even with
those file.

Thanks
Jeibie

rod
2005-07-29, 06:52
The leak is in the scan music library function (thus on the first run). After restarting you can cause the crash by selecting rescan music library.

Watching the process with top for example, the resident memory size grows until the box is swapping (I have 2gb physical ram). It continues to grow until it has filled up all of swap, then it gets killed by the kernel.

I deleted my playlists that referred to http:// tracks and that did not help.

Downgrading to 6.0.2-1 helped. It is currently scanning the library and res memory has been 36-37m for quite a while.

-rod

Craig
2005-07-29, 07:23
I had a similar problem with the 7/27/05 6.2 build on windows.
I have a scheduled rescan at 4 am, at 5 pm I noticed that the sever was still scanning and memory usage was aroung 300M from a normal 50M

I've just noticed that the later build I put on is doing the same, I will have to kill the server again

Craig

rod
2005-07-29, 07:26
I think this is related to unicode. The leak happened on my system right as it encountered a filename with an umlaut.

log in bug 1876.

-rod

jeibie
2005-07-29, 07:40
But, as I wrote above it must be a problem of a special
(mp3) file. If I move this out of the slimserver directory all works fine.

So my question is: are there any tools to analyze mp3
files?

Jeibie

Dan Sully
2005-07-29, 08:29
* jeibie shaped the electrons to say...

>But, as I wrote above it must be a problem of a special
>(mp3) file. If I move this out of the slimserver directory all works
>fine.
>
>So my question is: are there any tools to analyze mp3 files?

Please send me the MP3 file in question - I'll have a look.

What OS are you running on?

Thanks.

-D
--
On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

jeibie
2005-08-01, 00:07
OS is Debian SID (uptodate).

The mp3s are a subdirectory containing 10 Albums.

Jeibie

dean
2005-08-01, 06:56
I wonder if the crash is caused by a particular song in your
library. Does it happen with just one song in a directory?

On Aug 1, 2005, at 12:07 AM, jeibie wrote:

>
> OS is Debian SID (uptodate).
>
> The mp3s are a subdirectory containing 10 Albums.
>
> Jeibie
>
>
> --
> jeibie
>