PDA

View Full Version : Wrong Sorting Order in "Browse Title"

dip
2005-07-10, 12:00
When I choose "browse title" on my Squeezebox2 the songs are not sorted by titles but by artist. You recognize that only if you have the artist included in the title format used for display. Within each artist the songs seem to be sorted by albums and further by song numbers within an album.

With this ordering it is not possible to search for a certain song using its title (like it is possible for album titles with "browse album" or with artist names with "browse artist").

Can anybody confirm this behavior? Is this a bug or by design?

JJZolx
2005-07-10, 13:59
When I choose "browse title" on my Squeezebox2 the songs are not sorted by titles but by artist. You recognize that only if you have the artist included in the title format used for display. Within each artist the songs seem to be sorted by albums and further by song numbers within an album.

With this ordering it is not possible to search for a certain song using its title (like it is possible for album titles with "browse album" or with artist names with "browse artist").

Can anybody confirm this behavior? Is this a bug or by design?
Which means of browsing are you refering to by "browse title"?

dip
2005-07-10, 15:30
Sorry, I mean "browse songs" (I use the German version in which this menu entry is translated with "Titel nachschlagen"="browse titles").

I don't use the default menu entry "browse music" but have added "browse albums", "browse artist", "browse songs" as separate menu entries.

Dieter