PDA

View Full Version : the krautrock bug

gandt
2005-07-09, 04:01
i guess this is a variation of a bug mentioned elsewhere where german umlaut characters (and i think other accents) cause titles to disappear or appear in the list and then disappear when you try to select them. Although since the behaviour I have noticed is a little different I thought i'd document it here. Since I have a lot of krautrock music on my system this is a a real problem. Renaming the album title or group name is not enough - even track names with accented characters seem to cause the entire file to diappear

for example - I have some tracks by WITTHÜSER & WESTRUPP(cosmic folkies). Band name appears at first but when i select their album it has no tracks, subsequently the artist name also disappears. I reanamed without the umlaut but get the same thing possibly because some of the tracks have the offending character

and thoughts on this?

Gandt

gandt
2005-07-09, 04:03
this is since about four three days back and i have currently got the latest 1b2 installed

gandt

Michaelwagner
2005-07-16, 23:52
tracks by WITTHÜSER & WESTRUPP. Band name appears at first but when i select their album it has no tracks, subsequently the artist name also disappears.

and thoughts on this?

So many English words get "eingedeutsched". Nice to see something going the other way and getting ausgedeutsched!

Michael