PDA

View Full Version : AlienBBC

Morbiato
2005-07-08, 08:57
I've managed to install version 0.95 and it shows on the Squeezebox2 display but no sound!

Haven't insalled "minGW32" or "codecs" as I don't know where to get them - and then when found where to put them!

Idiot level help for a newbie would be much appreciated.

"The biggest problem encountered while trying to design a system that was completely foolproof, was, that people tended to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." (Douglas Adams)

[Hope I didn't find this on this site!]

ceejay
2005-07-08, 09:16
Have a look at this thread http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=14367

Its a bit long - but skim through it to get a flavour of the problems that various people including me have had. On the third page there's a pretty good cookbook from Mitch G that summarises the process.

It worked for me, in the end...

ceejay

Neil Sleightholm
2005-07-08, 09:16
Which OS are you using?

Morbiato
2005-07-08, 09:19
Windows XP Pro with SP2

Neil Sleightholm
2005-07-08, 10:23
Take a look at my post here http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=43554#post43554 it has a link to some notes and details of a correction.

Neil

Morbiato
2005-07-10, 04:52
Have used your clear instructions but am now getting a message when I try to play anything in AlienBBC which reads "RTSP Convert error - Check File type".

Seems like I must have done omething wrong - but what?

Duke
2005-07-18, 12:27
Have used your clear instructions but am now getting a message when I try to play anything in AlienBBC which reads "RTSP Convert error - Check File type".

Seems like I must have done omething wrong - but what?

It would seem that mplayer can't be found by slimserver. If like me you follwed the instructions to the letter you will find that mplayer is in a directory called mplayer in C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\. If you take the contents of C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\mplayer and but them in C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\ that should do the trick. i.e up a level. Does this make sense?

Triode
2005-07-18, 13:47
Please try the new 0.98 and the instructions on the new web site (see announcement on 3rd Party Plugin forum). If you still have problems please post a new topic on the 3rd Party Forum and I am sure we can help...