PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Accented Characters

IPGuy
2005-07-07, 07:08
PLEASE CONSIDER THIS THREAD CLOSED AS IT IS BEING HANDLED IN THE "BETA" THREAD

================================================== =========================

I have a SB2 and am running the July 6th evening build of 6.1b slimserver on a Windows XP SP2 machine. I also have installed AlienBBC 0.97 and MPlayer 1.0pre7. I am using the iTunes library as the source of music & playlists.

While it has taken some time I have gotten ALMOST everything working great, I can play MP3s and AACs from the iTunes Library, I can see and use the iTunes playlists, I can play internet radio selected from the iTunes Radio stations, I can play internet streams of MP3, ASX and real audio.

My last problem is the following:

Any audio file that has an accented character (for example , or ) anywhere in the path (i.e., "D:\My_Music\iTunes\Smetana_Dvorak\Smetana_ M vlast_Dvorak_ Symphony No.4") shows up as "EMPTY" when browsing or searching; and crashes the server with a "Problem: Can't open file" if the song is selected from a playlist.

It would be a huge hassle to go through all 5000 songs to find any accented characters and then change the names and then reload the iTunes and SlimServer music lists.

Searching the forum suggests others have seen this problem. Is there a solution short of renaming all the folders/files? Is Slim Devices aware of this problem? Is this something that could be fixed in one of the upcoming evening releases or is there a bigger problem here?

Thanks for you help!

mikerob
2005-07-08, 01:29
I had exactly the same problem and raised bug http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1709

I tried the 2005-07-07 nightly yesterday and this seems to have fixed the problem with the exception of one particular album title which is still garbled on SB and browser. I will investigate this further.