PDA

View Full Version : Adding Favorites to Squeezenetwork

jazzfan
2005-07-05, 10:14
I would like to add some NPR stations I like to my favorties on squeezenetwork, but do not understand if there is anything special I should look for with regard to streaming formats. Can I add any station or is there special parameters I need to watch out for.

Thanks

mherger
2005-07-05, 23:02
> I would like to add some NPR stations I like to my favorties on
> squeezenetwork, but do not understand if there is anything special I
> should look for with regard to streaming formats. Can I add any
> station or is there special parameters I need to watch out for.

IMHO you won't be able to play Real or WMA streams through Squeezenetwork.

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)

sbjaerum
2005-07-05, 23:55
> I would like to add some NPR stations I like to my favorties on
> squeezenetwork, but do not understand if there is anything special I
> should look for with regard to streaming formats. Can I add any
> station or is there special parameters I need to watch out for.

IMHO you won't be able to play Real or WMA streams through Squeezenetwork.

At least not until/if Slimdevices implements native support for such formats in Squeezebox firmware. Currently limited to MP3 (plus FLAC and WAV).

Steinar

jazzfan
2005-07-06, 07:18
At least not until/if Slimdevices implements native support for such formats in Squeezebox firmware. Currently limited to MP3 (plus FLAC and WAV).

Steinar

That must be why I can add a station and when I try to select it in my favorites it just sits there and plays nothing...

Should I get an error message on screen if I add a favorite that SB2 does not support?

Hopefully they will add the additional formats available. The SB2 and Squeezenetwork is proving to be one of the most enjoyable add-ons I have done to my audio system in a long time. I love building my own "internet FM dial" with stations all around the world.

I find it hard to believe other audio companies are not beating on Slim Devices front door asking to OEM their technology and build it into their receivers and multi-channel preamps with tuners.

Thanks