PDA

View Full Version : Error opening SlimServer from SlimTray

dip
2005-07-01, 14:22
I installed 6.1b1 with the option that SlimServer is automatically started with Windows. Thus, after starting Windows in the tray the SlimServer symbol is shown.
But when I try to open SlimServer by double clicking on this symbol (or by choosing "open SlimServer" from the context menu) a window showing the error message "SlimServer Web Interface.url could not be found" appears. When I directly double click on the "SlimServer Web Interface.url" in c:\program files\slimserver the server window shows up without problems (exactly speaking the file is in c:\programme\slimserver which is the path in the German version of Windows, could that be the problem?).

When I try to open the server by double clicking on the desktop symbol which was created during installation, the same error message appears.

I have seen that slim.exe is started as Windows service. Is that correct or is that a relict from an installed older version?
In addition, a link to slimtray.exe was placed in the autostart folder by the installation.
The links created on the desktop and in the program group of the start menu point to slimtray.exe --start

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Philip Meyer
2005-07-01, 15:17
>I installed 6.1b1 with the option that SlimServer is automatically
>started with Windows. Thus, after starting Windows in the tray the
>SlimServer symbol is shown.
>But when I try to open SlimServer by double clicking on this symbol (or
>by choosing "open SlimServer" from the context menu) a window showing
>the error message "SlimServer Web Interface.url could not be found"
>appears.
>
I had some problems with the installation of 6.1b1 (2005-07-01 nightly).

1. The installation seemed to freeze. After a few minutes I noticed the slimtray.exe had run itself up (I don't bother with it, as I use the old slimserver.exe instead). I exited the slimtray.exe, and the installation then actually started.

2. I got an error in the browse music pane (fishbone skin). I closed the standard browser, reinstalled my backup of the slimserver.exe (which now seems to be deleted by the installation), and ran the slimserver tray program. I got several runtime error 5 - syntax error messages, but after that, the interface came up. However, after attempting to play any music, I get the runtime error 5 from the interface, and it doesn't display the now playing playlist. I guess this is why it was removed from the installation - a sad loss :(

Phil

Philip Meyer
2005-07-01, 15:20
In fact, launching my default browser from the new slimtray.exe displays errors (Internet Explorer error icon in status bar bottom left. Clicking this lists 6 errors).

Phil

kdf
2005-07-01, 15:23
Quoting Philip Meyer <slim (AT) hergest (DOT) demon.co.uk>:

> 2. I got an error in the browse music pane (fishbone skin).
what was the error?

there is a javascript error in the july 1 nightly, but that's for the status
pane, and should still render (just doesn't refresh to current song properly)

-kdf

vidurapparao
2005-07-01, 16:13
We did a quick re-roll of the 6.1b1 release to include a couple of
fixes, one of which is the one you describe. If you go to Server
Settings in the web interface and the release number at the bottom of
the page is earlier than r3582, then please refetch 6.1b1 or a recent
nightly build.

Philip Meyer
2005-07-02, 05:26
>what was the error?
>
>there is a javascript error in the july 1 nightly, but that's for the status
>pane, and should still render (just doesn't refresh to current song properly)
>
First time I loaded it, I got an error page where the browse pane is diplayed. However, I didn't note that error down, sorry. The right-hand side was informing me of a firmware update, so I did that, and then I when I restarted the web browser, I got the syntax error/object errors. In explorer, these are listed in the error window (not very obtrusive); with slimserver.exe they are popup dialogs (so I can't fail to notice them!).

IE doesn't give a lot of info:

Line: 6
Char: 34
Error: Syntax error
Code: 0
URL: http://localhost:9000/status_header.html?player=<blah>&start=&refresh=1

Line: 34
Char: 4
Error: Object expected

Line: 9
Char: 1
Error: Object expected

I think the first time there were 6 errors in total, but after a while, it seems to purge the errors from the list and replace them. I only noticed these 3 when I ran it the second time.

Phil