PDA

View Full Version : No activation email...

nhopton
2005-06-30, 11:13
I'm having problems activating my SN account. I've been through the procedure and Squeezenetwork tells me that it's sent an activation e-mail to the address I gave, but this doesn't arrive. I've been trying for over 24-hours now. Any ideas?

Regards,
Nick.

vidurapparao
2005-06-30, 11:17
Any chance it got caught by your spam filter? Also, if you try to log
in, it will give you the opportunity to resend the activation email.

nhopton
2005-06-30, 13:17
Any chance it got caught by your spam filter? Also, if you try to log
in, it will give you the opportunity to resend the activation email.

Thanks, I've tried the 'resend' option several times, but without result and I don't filter spam. Any more ideas?

Regards,
Nick.

Berni Lowe
2005-07-01, 00:43
I tried creating an account with a slimdevices@forename.surname.name account and received no activation email. A more conventional .co.uk account received an activation email within seconds.

DJMUK
2005-07-01, 06:34
I don't know if it will help sort out any problems but I tried to register at about 9pm (UK) last night using the same email address that I am subscribed to the mailing list with (DJMiles@dial.pipex.com) but got no activation email by this morning.

I asked for it to be resent but had not received anything a couple of hours later.

I then created a new account with the address (djm@trimoslie.co.uk) and got the activation email within a couple of minutes.

Neither of these accounts has any (automatic) spam filters.

David Miles

nhopton
2005-07-01, 07:44
Thanks guys, it's always nice to know that it isn't just me. So, where do I go from here?

Regards,
Nick.

Dan Sully
2005-07-01, 11:00
* nhopton shaped the electrons to say...

>Thanks guys, it's always nice to know that it isn't just me. So, where do I go from here?

We're working on it - looks like the remote mail server isn't liking our "From" address.

-D
--
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

nhopton
2005-07-02, 03:30
Just to let you know that as a short-term fix I managed to activate my SqueezeNetwork account using my Hotmail <spit> address.

Regards,
Nick.

Paul Webster
2005-07-04, 15:20
Failing here too - destination is in freeserve.co.uk

If I enable using a different mail address ... can I then change the address in my profile without requiring additional activation emails?
(I have avoided trying it because I don't want to get my Squeezebox associated with the wrong address)

Paul Webster
2005-07-05, 00:07
To answer my own question above ...
if you register with a different email address then you can change the address later but the screen says that you will have to go through the activation process again (so I guess that the SB2 would become unlinked until complete).
So - I have registered for SQN again - with the "wrong" email address (but one that accepts email from SQN) and I'll change the address in my SQN profile once freeserve.co.uk starts accepting SQN email.