PDA

View Full Version : Safari Browser UI Doesn't Update

MikeGilpin
2005-06-29, 16:47
I just started using 6.1b1 today to try to overcome a problem I'd had with 6.0.2 freezing up part way through playing a large playlist (over 5000 cuts). Now I have a minor issue: the UI from the player seems to work better than before, and so far no freezing, but when I look at the UI in the Safari browser (I have SlimServer running on a Mac Mini with the Panther release of OS X), it no longer refreshes itself periodically to stay up to date with what's playing.

Instead it just keeps showing the same info, indicating the first song in the playlist. When I do a reload, instead of just updating the display, the music stops playing for a moment, then restarts with a newly shuffled version of the same playlist.

No big deal, but would be nice if the browser worked.

MikeGilpin
2005-07-01, 09:32
The same lack of refreshing of the browser display is also occuring when I open the browser UI from the latest version of Firefox, running on a Windows machine on the same network. It either doesn't refresh at all, or falls way behind where the playlist actually is (when it was at the 43rd cut, the browser UI said it was on the 24th).

gpenn
2005-09-30, 07:34
It seems to work somewhat better in IE, but in Safari, 6.1.1 never updates the "now playing" list unless I force refresh. It doesn't just fail to do the timed update, it doesn't display newly added, moved, or deleted songs in the playlist. That interface is now completely useless.

mikerob
2005-09-30, 14:15
See http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2184

There appears to be a problem with Safari and Slimserver.

fuzzyping
2005-10-21, 11:47
FYI, this is a problem with both Firefox (1.0.7) and Safari (2) on OS X (Tiger).