PDA

View Full Version : live 365 not accepting password

gandt
2005-06-29, 01:54
tried several times to get my 365 password and user name into the squeezenetwork account - always get a note saying (in various languages) please come back later - squeezebox has never registered as a result that it has the log in details...

vidurapparao
2005-06-29, 12:56
gandt wrote:

>tried several times to get my 365 password and user name into the
>squeezenetwork account - always get a note saying (in various
>languages) please come back later - squeezebox has never registered as
>a result that it has the log in details...
>
>
Fixed. Thanks!

--Vidur

gandt
2005-06-30, 07:03
dont think its fixed unless its so caching thing now my end - still getting the same notice

sbjaerum
2005-06-30, 07:07
dont think its fixed unless its so caching thing now my end - still getting the same notice

Worked for me.

Steinar

gandt
2005-06-30, 07:47
just tried again from another machine and still getting the multilanguage message - no funny characters in either username or password using windows xp and either ie or firefox but it wont have it seemingly

Bread
2005-06-30, 15:16
Hi, I'm getting the same problem, tried it on a couple of different machines, just getting the 'Please come back later' message in various languages.

Dan Sully
2005-06-30, 15:21
* Bread shaped the electrons to say...

>Hi, I'm getting the same problem, tried it on a couple of different
>machines, just getting the 'Please come back later' message in various
>languages.

What is your SqueezeNetwork login name?

Thanks.

-D
--
On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place.

Bread
2005-07-01, 05:25
* Bread shaped the electrons to say...

>Hi, I'm getting the same problem, tried it on a couple of different
>machines, just getting the 'Please come back later' message in various
>languages.

What is your SqueezeNetwork login name?

Thanks.

-D
--
On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place.

Hi, my SqueezeNetwork login name is the same as my email address. Something else I just noticed, not sure of the relevance, but I just used another machine at work, one that I have never used before, and it was already showing my Live365 Username, so something must be registering somewhere I guess.

gandt
2005-07-01, 06:56
I can get the name to register "in the browser" but it and the password are not passed across to the squeezebox - the log in option on the sb2 gives me "no 365 account information" - or something like that.

Bread
2005-07-05, 05:22
Hi, I was wondering if there were any developments with this live 365 password issue. I have tried deleting my squeezebox from my squeezenetwork account, created a new account, and added my squeezebox to the new account. Iíve used an email account with btinternet.com and connectfree.co.uk, but neither of these will let me register my live 365 password on the web page, I just get the 'Please come back later' message. Is this a bug, or is it just me (and gandt) that has this problem. I'm in the U.K., not sure if that's relevant. I would be interested to know who else has managed to get this one to work. Cheers

gandt
2005-07-05, 06:52
Like you i have deleted accounts, done updates, created new accounts and still no luck getting live 365 to register - i hereby officially declare ITS NOT ME! Cant see how it can be a uk thing - but open to all suggestions...

vidurapparao
2005-07-06, 06:39
I still can't recreate (and our logs don't yet show the errors - we need
better instrumentation), but I've put in a speculative fix. Could you
try entering your Live365 credentials again?

Thanks,
--Vidur

Bread
2005-07-06, 10:35
Hey Vidur, I don't know what you did there, but looks like you cracked it. I entered my password and got the magic message 'Your Live365 account information has been saved.' I then logged on the squeezenetwork with my squeezebox, and guess what, no more adverts, Great stuff, Thanks.

gandt
2005-07-06, 12:02
that did it - what was the issue?

and thanks

gandt

vidurapparao
2005-07-06, 12:07
The passwords are stored in our database in encoded form. The encoding
sometimes resulted in strings that needed to be escaped before
interpolation into a SQL statement.

RCD
2005-07-09, 10:46
My Live365 password is still not being accepted via SqueezeNetwork. Was this fixed globally or user by user? Anyway, my account is my email. Any help appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Ron