PDA

View Full Version : Cover Art with multiple artists

NickM
2005-06-28, 00:40
I have artwork stored in the same folder as each CD using the naming convention "ARTIST - ALBUM.JPG"
In SlimServer, I have set the Artowrk setting to %ARTIST - ALBUM. This works fine, except for multiple artist albums. In this case my coverart is stored as "(Multiple Artist) - ALBUM.JPG".
How can I get SlimSerer to pick up this artwork correctly?
nick

kdf
2005-06-28, 00:51
Quoting NickM <NickM.1rbt8z (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
> I have artwork stored in the same folder as each CD using the naming
> convention "ARTIST - ALBUM.JPG"
> In SlimServer, I have set the Artowrk setting to %ARTIST - ALBUM. This
> works fine, except for multiple artist albums. In this case my coverart
> is stored as "(Multiple Artist) - ALBUM.JPG".
> How can I get SlimSerer to pick up this artwork correctly?
>
you can't at this time. There is an feature enhancement filed already to enable
tagging of multi-artist albums with a albumartist tag that you could eventually
use. of course, this variable artwork feature is currently broken in the
latest releases at the moment at well (6.0+)

-kdf

Neil Sleightholm
2005-06-28, 02:15
As your artwork is in the same folder as the CD you could save it as "cover.jpg" and then it should be ok. I think you can have both "ARTIST - ALBUM.JPG" and "cover.jpg" working at the same time, so you could just save the compilation albums as "cover.jpg".

Hope this helps.

Neil

corwin
2005-06-28, 04:34
Actually, you could just make a soft or hard link between <artist>-<album>.jpg and cover.jpg to save space.

NickM
2005-06-28, 19:38
I tried copying the "(Multiple Arist) - ALBUM.JPG" to "album.jpg" and that works fine with both JPG's in the same directory. Once SlimServer can handle the former, I'll just delete all the album.jpg files.
The suggestion of a linked file will help conserve space, but not sure how to do that?
nick

radish
2005-06-28, 19:43
The suggestion of a linked file will help conserve space, but not sure how to do that?
nick

"ln -s" if you're running some variant of (li|u)nix, if you're running windows you can't.