PDA

View Full Version : Gremlins in the 2005-06-25 database

jth
2005-06-27, 09:26
I've been having some rather strange database problems starting with 2005-06-25 nightly and continuing into 2005-06-27 (NetBSD 1.6 and perl 5.8.7)

First, many track titles are blank in the web ui and player display and when browsing to an album with this problem, the server reports:

Use of uninitialized value in substr at /home/slim/SlimServer_v2005-06-27/Slim/Web/Pages.pm line 1849.

Even stranger, a few album track titles are totally wrong. For instance, All 11 track titles for Paul Simon - Graceland are "With A Little Help From My Friends" - which is the title of a well-known Beatles song in my collection. :-) There are another few instances of wrong titles as well. One clue to what might be happening is that the source of the mislabeled tracks are all *cue files for single file mp3 albums and these tracks also appear as playlist items in my playlistdir. The actual entries for these cue/mp3 albums seem OK.

I removed the db and started with a clean scan each time. Has anyone else seen this?

Dan Sully
2005-06-27, 09:38
* jth shaped the electrons to say...

>source of the mislabeled tracks are all *cue files for single file mp3
>albums and these tracks also appear as playlist items in my
>playlistdir.

Jason - I'm not quite parsing this last sentence. Which tracks appear? The
ones in the cue files, or the real ones?

-D
--
<weezyl> Oh, I cook bacon naked all the time. You just have to keep the heat on med-low.

jth
2005-06-27, 10:07
The track titles from the cue files are appearing as incorrect titles on other "regular" albums (individual id3-tagged mp3 files.