PDA

View Full Version : Songs appearing twice..?

Cessquill
2005-06-27, 06:25
I've got a glitch at the moment whereby a lot of the songs in my catalog appear twice in the album, so a 12 track CD is listed as having 24. The total number of songs is about 31,000 (roughly twice as much as I think I've got).

SlimServer Version: 6.0.2 - 3085

How do I get back down?! Thanks

Jeff52
2005-06-27, 08:33
Have you tried using "Wipe Cache"? It can be accessed through Server Settings - Performance.

That will usually fix any database problems from retagging or similar changes to your music files.

ceejay
2005-06-27, 08:35
"Wipe Cache" often seems to do the trick for this sort of thing (Server Settings - Performance)

(! not quite quick enough!)

JJZolx
2005-06-27, 08:57
I've got a glitch at the moment whereby a lot of the songs in my catalog appear twice in the album, so a 12 track CD is listed as having 24. The total number of songs is about 31,000 (roughly twice as much as I think I've got).

SlimServer Version: 6.0.2 - 3085

How do I get back down?! Thanks

First try the wipe cache and rescan. If that doesn't work, you'll probably need a more recent beta version of SlimServer 6.1. A lot of catalog scanning problems have been fixed since 6.0.2 was released. So many that it's probably hard to say what's causing your double entries.

Cerb
2005-06-27, 14:38
If you have cuesheets in your directories, that might be the cause of the problem as well. If you don't use single file album archives, you can disable the .cue files in one of the configuration files in the server directory.

Cessquill
2005-06-28, 08:19
Cheers guys - put on the latest nightly, re-scanned with a wipe and it appears more sensible now (athought telling me I have more songs that Windows Media player finds, but it's better).

Really must tidy the whole catalog up. Plus I have no idea what cue sheets are.