PDA

View Full Version : 06/26/2005 6.1 nightly build

interspectrum
2005-06-26, 10:15
I just installed the nightly build for windows. Everytime I try to do a rescan of my music directory, the server dies. This also happens if I try to turn of iTunes support. I have changed other server options like build items per pass, plugin settings, interface changes, etc, without problems.

It dies very fast, almost instantly when I click the change button.

When I restart the server the logs are wiped.

Dan Sully
2005-06-26, 10:24
* interspectrum shaped the electrons to say...

>I just installed the nightly build for windows. Everytime I try to do a
>rescan of my music directory, the server dies. This also happens if I
>try to turn of iTunes support. I have changed other server options like
>build items per pass, plugin settings, interface changes, etc, without
>problems.
>
>It dies very fast, almost instantly when I click the change button.
>
>When I restart the server the logs are wiped.

Can you please run from the cmd prompt with slim.exe - and/or look in your
event log if you are running as a service?

Thanks.

-D
--
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people "maintaining a free civil government.
This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always
avail themselves for their own purposes." --Thomas Jefferson to Alexander von Humboldt, 1813.

interspectrum
2005-06-26, 10:32
Here is what the event log says. It is the same every time.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application
Event Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 6/26/2005
Time: 10:13:04 AM
User: N/A
Computer: BOBBOBSON
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( Application ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Can't call method "find" on an undefined value at /PerlApp/Slim/DataStores/DBI/DBIStore.pm line 798.

Dan Sully
2005-06-26, 10:37
* interspectrum shaped the electrons to say...

>description; see Help and Support for details. The following
>information is part of the event: Can't call method "find" on an
>undefined value at /PerlApp/Slim/DataStores/DBI/DBIStore.pm line 798.

Thanks - I'll get this fixed.

-D
--
"History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people "maintaining a free civil government.
This marks the lowest grade of ignorance of which their civil as well as religious leaders will always
avail themselves for their own purposes." --Thomas Jefferson to Alexander von Humboldt, 1813.

interspectrum
2005-06-26, 10:57
Glade I could help.

BTW, I know that performance is something that everyone is working on. I thought that there had been some improvments when working with large playlists. However, I still get 50% cpu usage when loading and working with a large playlist that has over 2000 songs. Every time it access the playlist, ie next song advancement, the server jumps to 50% usage and memory usage increases, sometime to double what it is when the server is handling a small playlist of only 10 or so songs.

Is this still normal or is something not right on my end?