PDA

View Full Version : This shouldn't be this hard

dnighorn
2005-06-25, 06:03
Last night I got everything hooked for my SB2. All went fine. The player found the wireless network, connected, found the slimserver, ....and then the wheels came off. It got to the 'connecting to slimserver' part, hung for 20 seconds, and then went dark. Any button on the remote causes a repeat of this behavior.

Please help.

David

dean
2005-06-25, 06:25
It's having trouble connecting to SlimServer. Is it possible that
you have a firewall installed on your SlimServer machine that's
preventing the connection?

On Jun 25, 2005, at 6:03 AM, dnighorn wrote:

>
> Last night I got everything hooked for my SB2. All went fine. The
> player found the wireless network, connected, found the slimserver,
> ....and then the wheels came off. It got to the 'connecting to
> slimserver' part, hung for 20 seconds, and then went dark. Any button
> on the remote causes a repeat of this behavior.
>
> Please help.
>
> David
>
>
> --
> dnighorn
>

Fifer
2005-06-25, 09:42
If so, the info on networking at http://www.slimdevices.com/su_faq.html#networking might help.

awm
2005-06-26, 04:04
and it occurred in exactly the manner you describe. Everything's great until "Connecting to SlimServer' appears, upon which the unit goes blank after a few seconds. Received my SB2 excitedly a couple of weeks ago and it's been a very frustrating situation. Yes, I took care of the firewall settings. And the anti-virus software. i had a friend come over who's a software developer and owns a wired SB1 and he couldn't get it to do jack. This is a problem, folks. Any real solutions? Sorry, but the Manual was nearly useless, as are the online instructions. Very frustrated over here, in case you couldn't tell.

I will re-post this as a new post to alert the SlimServer folks that your problem is not unique.

Thanks for any help.

Andy

awm
2005-06-26, 16:36
DAvid, just out of curiosity, are you also using a Netgear set-up for your LAN?

Thanks,
Andy