PDA

View Full Version : Browse Problem with 6/23 6.1 Nightly

JJZolx
2005-06-23, 16:52
I get (nearly) all arists and all albums listed twice when I browse - once with normal spaces and once with %20 in place of all spaces.

This is happening in Browse Albums Artists, Artwork.

It's not seen in Browse Music Folder or Browse Years.

It happens under Browse Genres only if I navigate into "All Artists" or "No Genre".

Also:

- This is not happening with any artists with a leading "article".

- The albums listed with the %20's don't show an album date, as do the other per my server pref

- I can't browse into the albums with %20's - they show no tracks

- If I browse down into an artist with %20's in the name, then I see only the albums with %20's. Likewise, browse into an artist name with normal spaces, then I see only the albums with normal spaces, and then the tracks.

(Windows compiled EXE, Default skin, IE6)

JJZolx
2005-06-23, 17:50
I just took a look into the database and verified that the data is being stored like this for both artists (contributors) and albums. Two entries for most of them.

I also see that my track count is off by exactly 2x. Each track is listed under two different URLs

file:///D:/Music/flac/[artist]/[album]/[title].flac
file://C:/WINDOWS/system32/file:/D:/Music/flac/[artist]/[album]/[title].flac

Earlier today I did a reinstallation of the 6/23 exe from scratch. If nobody else is seeing this then maybe I should wipe it out and reinstall again and see what the data looks like after a rescan.

JJZolx
2005-06-24, 10:36
I just did a totally clean install of the latest nightly and I'm still seeing this behavior. Is nobody else reporting this?

BTW, the Windows uninstaller needs a _lot_ of work. It left dozens of files behind that I had to delete.

jth
2005-06-24, 10:41
I am not seeing this behavior with the 2005-06-24 nightly. I'm using the tar.gz version under NetBSD 1.6.2 with a fresh database wipe.

Before you attempt a clean install, I'd recommend stopping the slimserver, removing the .slimserversql.db file and restarting.

JJZolx
2005-06-24, 15:06
I am not seeing this behavior with the 2005-06-24 nightly. I'm using the tar.gz version under NetBSD 1.6.2 with a fresh database wipe.

Before you attempt a clean install, I'd recommend stopping the slimserver, removing the .slimserversql.db file and restarting.

I did that. I deleted the database and restarted the server and it did the same thing when it created the new db and then scanned files. After the complete uninstall and reinstall it still did the same.

One thing different about this install is that I installed to the directory "C:\Program Files\SlimServer for Windows". I'm also trying to get the Perl version up and running and have that version installed in "C:\Program Files\SlimServer". The Perl version isn't running simultaneously (haven't yet gotten past some startup errors yet), so there should be no conflict unless there are some paths hard-coded in the server.

I'm wondering if maybe the Windows installer is a little hinky and doesn't correctly install SlimServer to a directory other than "C:\Program Files\SlimServer" - I doubt if many people change the destination when installing on Windows.

Or a more likely reason... This bug seems coincident with the new Browse Music Folder implmentation that was merged into the trunk. Was any testing done on Windows before the merge?