PDA

View Full Version : Beta heads up!



Dan Sully
2005-06-22, 12:39
Hi all - just a warning, we're planning on merging the playlistdb-bmf branch
into the trunk today, and creating a 6.1b1 in the next few days.

-D
--
There was supposed to be a big kaboom.

Robert Moser
2005-06-23, 20:15
Dan Sully blurted out:
> Hi all - just a warning, we're planning on merging the playlistdb-bmf
> branch
> into the trunk today, and creating a 6.1b1 in the next few days.
>
> -D

Should I go ahead and YAMLize the prefs file before the beta? I still
don't have a way in Setup to manipulate hash prefs, but the YAML bit
isn't dependent on that.

Dan Sully
2005-06-23, 20:20
* Robert Moser shaped the electrons to say...

>Should I go ahead and YAMLize the prefs file before the beta? I still
>don't have a way in Setup to manipulate hash prefs, but the YAML bit
>isn't dependent on that.

Let's wait until we branch the 6.1 tree.

What does your patch look like?

-D
--
"Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!"

Robert Moser
2005-06-23, 20:51
Dan Sully blurted out:
> * Robert Moser shaped the electrons to say...
>
>> Should I go ahead and YAMLize the prefs file before the beta? I still
>> don't have a way in Setup to manipulate hash prefs, but the YAML bit
>> isn't dependent on that.
>
>
> Let's wait until we branch the 6.1 tree.
>
> What does your patch look like?
>
> -D
Probably just the YAML CPAN code, plus the load and writePrefs bit from
that sample code I posted to the list.

dean
2005-06-24, 13:33
If your patch is substantial, I suggest making a branch for it.
That's easier for folks to browse and collaborate on...

On Jun 23, 2005, at 8:20 PM, Dan Sully wrote:

> * Robert Moser shaped the electrons to say...
>
>
>> Should I go ahead and YAMLize the prefs file before the beta? I
>> still don't have a way in Setup to manipulate hash prefs, but the
>> YAML bit isn't dependent on that.
>>
>
> Let's wait until we branch the 6.1 tree.
>
> What does your patch look like?
>
> -D
> --
> "Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!"
>

Robert Moser
2005-06-24, 14:25
dean blackketter blurted out:
> If your patch is substantial, I suggest making a branch for it. That's
> easier for folks to browse and collaborate on...

Depends on your criteria for substantial. YAMLizing the prefs file only
touches Prefs.pm, and the CPAN directory (to add the YAML modules).

I guess I could make a branch for the hash prefs addition, as that would
touch more things eventually (like Setup.pm and IR.pm).