PDA

View Full Version : V6.03 nightly 06/19/05: Invalid Argument when trying to clear a playlist?



cdfreak
2005-06-19, 10:26
When I'm using Slimserver (SlimServer_v2005-06-19.exe from the nightlies download area, running on WinXP Pro) I keep running into a problem when trying to clear all from a currently loaded playlist. The list was just created from choosing songs and albums inside of Slimserver.

The error is "Invalid Argument" and references line 331, character 3, code 0.

I originally ran into this problem on v6.02 from the main download page, and decided to try a safe nightly to see if it had been addressed.

I can remove items from the playlist one by one, and use the player interface every other way it seems...
---------------

I then have run into a second bug, when browsing music in the slimserver interface, and clicking to go to a 2nd page.

Line 474 (also 476,478,480...as many as there are pages), char 1, error is "Object Expected", code is 0

http://localhost:9000/browse.html?dir=__playlists/__current.m3u&player=( purposely erased the MAC address)

...any ideas? Should I jump to the 6.1, or is there something outside of the software that can be causing this?

TIA for the help.

-Ken

-------

Update: Changed the skin to bagpuss from Default2 and thing seem to work...going to try some other skins and see what happens

kdf
2005-06-19, 13:06
Quoting cdfreak <cdfreak.1qvwbz (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

> The error is "Invalid Argument" and references line 331, character 3,
> code 0.

> Line 474 (also 476,478,480...as many as there are pages), char 1, error
> is "Object Expected", code is 0

neither of these error messages are in any format that I recognise. Where are
you reading these? Slimserver errors are usually found in the event viewer,
and will mention which module and line number. These errors show only line
number, but line # from what?

If these are browser error messages, what skin are you using, and have you tried
others?

-kdf

cdfreak
2005-06-19, 13:39
kdf: They were browser errors, in the Slimserver GUI. It was happening with the "default2" skin. It didn't happen with default when I switched to it, or a few of the others that I tried (bagpuss, and fishbone for example).

I checked security settings for the local intranet (The server runs off of my PC) and everything there was fine. I even made sure I had an updated Java runtime environment, because of the calls made in the GUI. The problem seems to be with the skin... as far as I can tell. Which isn't far. :)

No idea what caused it or why, but I am on the default skin, and things are working for me. So it's not a crippling situation.

kdf
2005-06-19, 14:15
Quoting cdfreak <cdfreak.1qw54n (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
> kdf: They were browser errors, in the Slimserver GUI. It was happening
> with the "default2" skin. It didn't happen with default when I switched
> to it, or a few of the others that I tried (bagpuss, and fishbone for
> example).
>
> I checked security settings for the local intranet (The server runs off
> of my PC) and everything there was fine. I even made sure I had an
> updated Java runtime environment, because of the calls made in the GUI.
> The problem seems to be with the skin... as far as I can tell. Which
> isn't far. :)
>
> No idea what caused it or why, but I am on the default skin, and things
> are working for me. So it's not a crippling situation.

There have been a number of reported bugs with Default2 since 6.0.2. Jacob has
now fixed many of the reports for the 6.1 builds. If you could try that out,
please file a bug report if you find any new issues.

-kdf