PDA

View Full Version : [Mac] Slimserver 6.0.x refuses to start

Gwynne
2005-06-18, 23:42
Since updating to OSX 10.4.1 the slimserver refuses to start from the preference pane (pain?). I've tried version 6.0.0 - 6.0.3 inclusive, deleted all plists/prefs and reinstalled fom scratch but to no avail. The console log is interesting, but what does it mean and what can I do? I'll kick mysel if this is in a faq somewhere...

Gwynne

===== Sunday, 19 June 2005 9:34:28 am Europe/Athens =====
mkdir /Users/gwynne/Music: File exists at /Library/PreferencePanes/SlimServer.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Utils/Prefs.pm line 115
Compilation failed in require at /Library/PreferencePanes/SlimServer.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Buttons/Plugins.pm line 20.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /Library/PreferencePanes/SlimServer.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Buttons/Plugins.pm line 20.
Compilation failed in require at /Library/PreferencePanes/SlimServer.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Buttons/Common.pm line 15.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /Library/PreferencePanes/SlimServer.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Buttons/Common.pm line 15.
Compilation failed in require at /Library/PreferencePanes/SlimServer.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Buttons/Settings.pm line 11.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /Library/PreferencePanes/SlimServer.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Buttons/Settings.pm line 11.
Compilation failed in require at /Library/PreferencePanes/SlimServer.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Display/Display.pm line 14.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /Library/PreferencePanes/SlimServer.prefPane/Contents/server/Slim/Display/Display.pm line 14.
Compilation failed in require at ./slimserver.pl line 205.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./slimserver.pl line 205.

Dan Sully
2005-06-19, 01:20
* Gwynne shaped the electrons to say...

>Since updating to OSX 10.4.1 the slimserver refuses to start from the
>preference pane (pain?). I've tried version 6.0.0 - 6.0.3 inclusive,
>deleted all plists/prefs and reinstalled fom scratch but to no avail.
>The console log is interesting, but what does it mean and what can I
>do? I'll kick mysel if this is in a faq somewhere...

Is /Users/gwynne/Music an alias to somewhere else?

You'll need to make it a symlink instead, as SlimServer doesn't currently
handle Mac Aliases.

-D
--
<dr.pox> do they call it 'gq' because it makes your text fashionable?

Gwynne
2005-06-19, 05:16
To quote the hyper-intelligent being known as Dan Sully:

Is /Users/gwynne/Music an alias to somewhere else?

You'll need to make it a symlink instead, as SlimServer doesn't currently
handle Mac Aliases.

Consider myself publically kicked. You are, of course, quite correct. Two days before updating to Tiger I moved my music folder after the unwarranted demise of a Maxtor drive (1 month outside guarantee I might add).

One symbolic link later all is well. Thanks a million!