PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone using DAB Bar? How to auto-start?

hunta
2005-06-15, 14:13
I'm using DAB Bar with a Trinloc MP3 Recorder to receive DAB radio and stream it through to my SB2. It all works like a treat.

The only thing I can't crack is how to get it to auto-start. It's running on a XP SP2 headless server, which has SS and MusicMagicMixer starting up as services. This means I don't need an account logged in. However, if I try to run DAB Bar as a service, no joy. I get a system beep when the service tries to start up, and the .exe shows in task manager, but that's it. Nothing when I try to listen to a station.

Similarly, if I set up a user to login automatically and put DAB Bar in its list of applications to load on start-up, I get the same symptoms. This does let me see the error message though, which relates to ViaDAB_2_DRE200.exe, which is the Trinloc core app. Interestingly, this file is in the list of processes in task manager in all scenarios - I guess it's not loaded properly though.

Nothing in the event logs either to help. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks in advance.

Howard Darwen
2005-06-15, 15:44
I didn't think you could get DABBAR to run as a service, though when I was
checking the site the other day I saw a post saying this would be in the
next release.

I have not got it set like this right now, but previously I just put a
shortcut in the Windows startup folder to get the app to start on boot.

-----Original Message-----
[mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com]On Behalf Of hunta
Sent: 15 June 2005 22:13
To: discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
Subject: [slim] Is anyone using DAB Bar? How to auto-start?

I'm using DAB Bar with a Trinloc MP3 Recorder to receive DAB radio and
stream it through to my SB2. It all works like a treat.

The only thing I can't crack is how to get it to auto-start. It's
running on a XP SP2 headless server, which has SS and MusicMagicMixer
starting up as services. This means I don't need an account logged in.
However, if I try to run DAB Bar as a service, no joy. I get a system
beep when the service tries to start up, and the .exe shows in task
manager, but that's it. Nothing when I try to listen to a station.

Similarly, if I set up a user to login automatically and put DAB Bar in
its list of applications to load on start-up, I get the same symptoms.
This does let me see the error message though, which relates to
ViaDAB_2_DRE200.exe, which is the Trinloc core app. Interestingly, this
file is in the list of processes in task manager in all scenarios - I
guess it's not loaded properly though.

Nothing in the event logs either to help. Any suggestions gratefully
received. Thanks in advance.

--
hunta

lostboy
2005-06-16, 12:47
I'm sucessfully running DABBar as a service on a Win 2000 box using the MS utility 'srvany.exe'. I'm not sure if its availble for Win XP SP2, but a google might show something up.

Chris

hunta
2005-06-16, 15:15
I'm sucessfully running DABBar as a service on a Win 2000 box using the MS utility 'srvany.exe'. I'm not sure if its availble for Win XP SP2, but a google might show something up.

ChrisChris, I'm using this to run MusicMagic as a service, and it works fine. With DAB Bar though it produces the problem above. Could I trouble you to post / mail your registry settings in case I've done something daft? Thank you.

lostboy
2005-06-16, 23:29
I didn't do anything special - just followed in the instructions on the can. The service is set to be allowed to interact with the desktop. The registry key for the DABBAR service attached.

appeland
2009-11-24, 11:38

Chris

Thanks for the tipp, I also tried using SC.exe but that doesnt work indeed.

I am now streaming DAB radio succesfully after my 1.50 Wavefinder arrived (thanks ebay).
Now I just have to create the massive playlist and find out how to get the Radio station image into the display :)