PDA

View Full Version : Help creating a playlist

bflatmajor
2005-06-12, 09:58
Hello everyone and let me say squeezebox2 beats the pants off of netgear media player mp101.

I am now able to listen to the internet radio station on my stereo system.

I'm having a issue setting up a playlist and would like some help.

The internet radio station, www.jazztrax.com, has a weekly 5 hour syndicated show. This broadcast is eventually saved someplace and the link is supplied so that a user can later go back and listen to the previous broadcast. What I would like to do is to take the links and make one playlist that would play all 5 hours without me having to click on each link to be played.

I've been able to open the link using wordpad and see url that has the following information;

mms://69.43.137.40/jazztrax050612h1.wma

When I make this a playlist, I can't get the server to play it.

Can someone help me?

Plese give me detail instructions on how to do this.

TIA,

B

kevin
2005-06-13, 12:24
What happens when you try to play it?

Also, what playlist format did you save it as, and with what file extension?

hunta
2005-06-14, 05:24
You could try using Total Recorder (http://www.highcriteria.com). This intercepts the audio signal at the device driver level, and allows you to record to mp3. It includes a scheduler, so in theory you could set it going and dump it to disk. The only major downside I find is that it doesn't stream to disk - the whole thing has to be captured, and then it's processed on save, which means you have to wait for it to finish.

HTH

Andrew

bflatmajor
2005-06-14, 07:45
Kevin,

When I tried to play the stream, I kept getting a page cannot be displayed error via the web. I did not attempt to play the stream using the remote.

Initially, I started to play the stream using wmp, then I saved it as a playlist, using the .pls extension. From there I attempted to play it using SB2. I also attempted to build the playlist by following the instructions listed in the SB2 online help. Granted that I am new at this, so I know it's probably something that I'm doing wrong.

To clarify what I want to do, is create a playlist that contains multiple streams/urls created by the internet radio station. And then have the SB2 play the entire playlist without subsequent intervention from me or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

Hunta, thank you for the tip, but I don't believe that total recorder would simplfy the matter.

B

hunta
2005-06-15, 11:54
Hunta, thank you for the tip, but I don't believe that total recorder would simplfy the matter.Admittedly it's not the neatest solution, but if it's there as a last resort - it works for all audio sources, regardless.

Hope you get it sorted.