PDA

View Full Version : I want a decode that reads Replay Gain tags

beo
2005-06-04, 18:59
Any alternative to madplay out there for processing replay gain tags on mp3s?

Madplay works well, but can only read the binary RG data in the RGAD frame. I'd love to have an alternative that used plain text RG info like foobar uses.

gorman
2005-06-05, 10:26
Any alternative to madplay out there for processing replay gain tags on mp3s?

Madplay works well, but can only read the binary RG data in the RGAD frame. I'd love to have an alternative that used plain text RG info like foobar uses.Search for a message from me on these boards, there is a new version of the relevant DLL for Foobar, that allows to write the RGAD frame correctly.

There I found the thread for you:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=13287

beo
2005-06-05, 18:10
Thanks for your reply.

Your excellent post actually lead to the question I have above. I used the new, modified foo_id3 dll and RG worked. However, I'm trying to avoid the RGAD binary frame business.

I just want madplay (or alternative) to read the plaintext RG tags.

gorman
2005-06-07, 01:26
Ah... how I understand you... I'm advocating SB2 supporting RG tags... with the powerful processor on board it should be very, very easy...

gorman
2005-06-07, 01:28
I just want madplay (or alternative) to read the plaintext RG tags.Try getting in touch with its author and asking gently for this. I tried to no avail.

He seems convinced that he is supporting the "real" standard, whereas the fault lies only on the official RG webpage not being updated for a very long time (this was even admitted by RG's original author).

beo
2005-06-07, 09:16
Try getting in touch with its author and asking gently for this. I tried to no avail.

He seems convinced that he is supporting the "real" standard, whereas the fault lies only on the official RG webpage not being updated for a very long time (this was even admitted by RG's original author).

I'm tying that route too, no luck so far. As someone I know put it, the Madplay author is following the standard completely and unilaterally.