PDA

View Full Version : rescan not working!

rich spengel
2005-06-03, 17:17
I am running 6.0.2. I made some organizational changes to my music database and followed up with a rescan by slim server. Now slim server still sees nonexistent folders and can't see the new folders. This must have to do with its cache. Where is this wipe cache button that i have read about? I have spent a lot of time looking for it with no success. Am I going to have to uninstall slim server and then reinstall?

JJZolx
2005-06-03, 17:24
I am running 6.0.2. I made some organizational changes to my music database and followed up with a rescan by slim server. Now slim server still sees nonexistent folders and can't see the new folders. This must have to do with its cache. Where is this wipe cache button that i have read about? I have spent a lot of time looking for it with no success. Am I going to have to uninstall slim server and then reinstall?

It's on the Performance page of the server settings. In 6.1 it's been placed next to the Rescan button.

rich spengel
2005-06-03, 18:30
Thank you very much! That was exactly what I needed. Now I am 100% satisfied with Slim Server and Squeezebox 2. If you listen to a music collection, I don't see how you can live without one of these babies. I am going to do my part to help get the word out.