PDA

View Full Version : Slimserver in toolsbar?

Orb
2005-05-28, 08:57
Any chance Slim server could be made to go to just the icon in windows toolsbar when minimized like other programs. Its not a big deal but having slimserver in a window that is always open does get in the way a bit.

Chippy
2005-05-28, 09:06
If I understand your question correctly, you can do this by checking 'Hide when Minimized' in the Options menu. This will minimise SlimServer to the Windows SysTray; it will not show on the Taskbar.

Chippy

Orb
2005-05-28, 09:10
If I understand your question correctly, you can do this by checking 'Hide when Minimized' in the Options menu. This will minimise SlimServer to the Windows SysTray; it will not show on the Taskbar.

Chippy

Chippy, you are a star! Works a treat. Thanks

JJZolx
2005-05-28, 09:40
Any chance Slim server could be made to go to just the icon in windows toolsbar when minimized like other programs. Its not a big deal but having slimserver in a window that is always open does get in the way a bit.

May I ask - why do you bother using slimserver.exe rather than using your everyday web browser and connecting to

http://localhost:9000

?

I mostly use IE and have created a shortcut to this URL in the Links bar, so the web UI is always available from my browser at a single click.
________
buy glass pipes (http://glasspipes.net)

Philip Meyer
2005-05-30, 13:30
>May I ask - why do you bother using slimserver.exe rather than using
>your everyday web browser and connecting to
>
>I mostly use IE and have created a shortcut to this URL in the Links
>bar, so the web UI is always available from my browser at a single
>click.
>
Well, I prefer the windows application. This uses minimal desktop space - I don't need an address bar, buttons, links, google search toolbar, etc, when I am using slimserver interface.

It also has the minimise to tasktray option, so it doesn't use space in my taskbar. I also have it run on startup, minimised to the tasktray, and find it crashes less frequently that IE (probably due to less addons, etc).

Phil