PDA

View Full Version : List albums with multiple artists only?

cdfreak
2005-05-27, 14:11
I was wondering if anyone had a way to allow SlimServer to pull a list of albums that have more than one artist associated with them. I know the data is "in there" somewhere, because when browsing by album I can go into each album and it will say how many songs by how many artists.

I'd like to do this without going into each of 1004 listed albums to find out what happened to album #1005 and #1006 :D The track count is right on, it's just the missing albums. I've managed to get it to show almost everything by plugging in things in Common Album Titles under Server Settings/Behavior... but even then it would call Boxed Set - Disc 1 the same album as Boxed Set Disc 1. This made it so I now have 20 unique tags in there, because for some reason it left the dash out when deciding to sort.

Anyway, does anyone have/know of a solution? It would also help people wanting to find all of their "mix"/collection/soundtrack CDs in a quick manner.

Thanks!

-Ken

Dondi
2005-05-27, 14:27
I was wondering if anyone had a way to allow SlimServer to pull a list of albums that have more than one artist associated with them. I know the data is "in there" somewhere, because when browsing by album I can go into each album and it will say how many songs by how many artists.

I'd like to do this without going into each of 1004 listed albums to find out what happened to album #1005 and #1006 :D The track count is right on, it's just the missing albums. I've managed to get it to show almost everything by plugging in things in Common Album Titles under Server Settings/Behavior... but even then it would call Boxed Set - Disc 1 the same album as Boxed Set Disc 1. This made it so I now have 20 unique tags in there, because for some reason it left the dash out when deciding to sort.

Anyway, does anyone have/know of a solution? It would also help people wanting to find all of their "mix"/collection/soundtrack CDs in a quick manner.

Thanks!

-Ken

It would be nice if SlimServer utilized the ALBUM ARTIST tag which should already be populated in the music files by most contemporary tagging apps. If you are anywhere near a WinTel box, load your library into Windows Media Player and sort by ALBUM ARTIST. Scroll down alphabetically to 'VARIOUS ARTISTS' and you should have compilation albums grouped by album. Do the same for 'SOUNDTRACK' compilations as well.

-- D

Dondi
2005-05-27, 15:16

Thanks!

-Ken

Here is a great thread discussing the value of the ALBUM ARTIST tag that may be insightful

http://www.thegreenbutton.com/community/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=42&MessageID=86549

-- D

cdfreak
2005-05-27, 15:39
Thanks Dondi.

The Various Artists things isn't so much of a problem/issue for me as the "duplicate album name" problem. Album Artist as a tag used by slimserver would be very helpful at first glance, so I'd agree with you there and support any momentum to incorporate it.

-Ken

Stewart Loving-Gibbard
2005-05-27, 21:46
I can't take any credit for this: Ian Parkinson has updated the
SlimScrobbler plugin for SlimServer 6.x and put together a package for us.

You can download SlimScrobbler 0.30 here:

http://slimscrobbler.sourceforge.net/SlimScrobblerV0.30.zip

Project Web Page:

http://slimscrobbler.sourceforge.net/

Again, thank you Ian.