PDA

View Full Version : Voice file problems

agp
2005-05-25, 11:43
I am running 3 squeezeboxes: 2 original and 1 squeezebox2. My two original squeezeboxes restart often when playing voice files: mp3 files, ~ 25mb in length, 64kbps, mono (some stereo), converted from audio cassettes to mp3. My squeezebox2 plays these files fine, but the other two, original squeezeboxes stop and restart often. They don't do this with music files: mp3, 320kpbs, 44khz, stereo, 7-12 mb in size. I have watched the wireless reception on the units, and there is no loss at the time of stoppage. Also, I have all three units set at "unlimited" bitrate.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andrew

kevin
2005-05-25, 13:31
Hi Andrew,

Could you possibly send a sample file to support@slimdevices.com?

Thanks!

agp
2005-05-26, 09:10
I emailed a sample file to support. The file is only a 5mb portion of the whole, 45mb file. My (and probably your) email server rejects attachments over 5mb. The sample file exhibited the same behavior as the whole: squeezebox1's occasionally restarted, and squeezebox2 didn't. Again, the file is: 64kbs CBR (?), 44khz, mono.

Thanks,
Andrew

agp
2005-05-26, 09:12
Also...

I updated the firmware on all the units, and I updated slimserver as well. The problem persisted after these updates.

Thanks,
Andrew