PDA

View Full Version : slimserver crashing

geraint smith
2005-05-20, 04:24
Hi. I'm having problems with Slimserver crashing/quitting every few minutes. It's running on Mac OSX 10.3.9, via Airport Extreme, to two Squeezebox 2s, both of them brand new. Playing from my iTunes playlists (on an eMac 800MHz) it runs for a few minutes, then shuts down. Have not tried with the whole library yet, but what I've been using is Apple lossless. Funny thing is, it was all perfect before I went to bed....

Anyone any ideas, please?

Geraint Smith.

daveblazer
2005-05-20, 06:33
im having the same problem on mandrake install crashing every 5 minutes

dean
2005-05-20, 08:28
Geraint,

Can you look in the log file here:

Home -> Library -> Logs -> slimserver.log

and see what it says at the end of the file?

On May 20, 2005, at 4:24 AM, geraint smith wrote:

>
> Hi. I'm having problems with Slimserver crashing/quitting every few
> minutes. It's running on Mac OSX 10.3.9, via Airport Extreme, to two
> Squeezebox 2s, both of them brand new. Playing from my iTunes
> playlists
> (on an eMac 800MHz) it runs for a few minutes, then shuts down.
> Have not
> tried with the whole library yet, but what I've been using is Apple
> lossless. Funny thing is, it was all perfect before I went to bed....
>
> Anyone any ideas, please?
>
> Geraint Smith.
>
>
> --
> geraint smith
>

kdf
2005-05-20, 09:37
check your logs, or run command line and report the crash message when the
server fails.

server version is also useful

-kdf

Mike White
2005-05-20, 15:28
Not sure if this is the same problem I was seeing, but I was having trouble with the SB2 "shutting down" after two hours of playing. After trying all kinds of things, over a period of a couple or three weeks, I resolved it.

What had happened is that I had set up my wifi router near my cordless phone (within about a foot). This caused no problems with my computers at all, and had been running this way for months. I moved the wifi transmitter when doing some other things and found that the SB2 problem immediately disappeared. Further experimentation showed I could reproduce this problem by moving the transmitter back near the phone, and clear it by moving it away.

Hope this helps.

daveblazer
2005-05-20, 20:57
Slim::DataStores::DBI::Contributor Slim::DataStores::DBI::Contributor=HASH(0x9e1f6d4) destroyed without saving changes to namesort at /usr/local/slimserver/CPAN/Tie/Cache/LRU/Array.pm line 107

Wide character in send at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Player/SLIMP3.pm line 214.

Slim::DataStores::DBI::Contributor Slim::DataStores::DBI::Contributor=HASH(0x9ec53bc) destroyed without saving changes to namesort at /usr/local/slimserver/slimserver.pl line 0

Wide character in send at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Player/SLIMP3.pm line 214