PDA

View Full Version : Duplicated Track Listings

genec
2005-05-17, 08:08
I've been getting duplicated track listings since updating to slimserver 6. Actually, I'm running version 6.0.2 (linux) and I'm not sure which version of 6 this started with. Anyway, I'm seeing repeated track listings when there is only 1 track:

All Songs Queue Play Add Delete
Duet For Guitars #2 Queue Play Add Delete mm
Beautiful Car Queue Play Add Delete mm
Fishing Boat Song Queue Play Add Delete mm
Scene from #12 Queue Play Add Delete mm
Good News Queue Play Add Delete mm
The Crooked Spine Queue Play Add Delete mm
Look Me Over Queue Play Add Delete mm
Who May Be Lazy Queue Play Add Delete mm
It Won't Happen Twice Queue Play Add Delete
It Won't Happen Twice Queue Play Add Delete mm
He Asked Me To Be A Snake & Live Underground Queue Play Add Delete mm
Songs From Debby's Stairs Queue Play Add Delete
Songs From Debby's Stairs Queue Play Add Delete mm
It Was A Beautiful Car Queue Play Add Delete mm
Were you there? Queue Play Add Delete mm
I'll Be Yr Bird Queue Play Add Delete
I'll Be Yr Bird Queue Play Add Delete mm
Not a Gang Queue Play Add Delete mm
Duet For Guitars #1 Queue Play Add Delete mm

"It Won't Happen Twice", "Songs from Debby's Stairs", and "I'll Be Yr Bird" all are listed twice and point to the same physical file. I notice that one of each of the duplicates doesn't have the MusicMagic "mm" link next to it. I turned off MusicMagic support in the slimserver prefs, but that didn't eliminate the duplicates. I haven't yet tried restarting with MusicMagic support turned off.

Has anyone else seen this?

(that album, btw, is "End of Amnesia" by M. Ward)

glmason
2005-06-04, 05:04
This is happenning to me too, did you ever get an answer or a replay to this problem.

Just the songs are duplicated, one song will have the MM button and the other will not...

Is it a slimeserver thing or a MMM thing...

Larry

glmason
2005-06-04, 20:24
I found out, the dups happen when you have two sources or two references to your music library, and one is a UNC reference (the only kind that works for Slimserver in mounting a network drive) so one song source is listed as \\server\path and the other as C:\path... once song are in the database even if the problem is corrected you will still have dups, see the related thread. http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=14501

I "wiped" the cache the old fashioned way, I stop the service, delete the file slimserversql.db in [Slimserver install directory]\cache\ and restarted the service and did a library scan. That fixed the problem.

Hope that helps if any one else runs into this problem.