PDA

View Full Version : I fixed my Live365 problem...

glmason
2005-05-14, 09:29
I unloaded it as a menu option and I canceled my account at Live365... and my frustration index took my blood pressure level back to normal. It is too bad though, my wife and I really like some of the audio chamnnels they offer; maybe it will come together someday. The irony is that I learned about and ultimatle purchased the Squeezebox2 because of the Live365.com website. It is to bad that the slimserver and Live365 connections are at war with each other.

I'm a newbe at this, as you can probablly tell. I ordered my squeezebox2 Wednesday so I'm not gotten the hardware yet. But I have download slimserver6.0... love it... and set up two softsqeeze2s on the two computer systems in the house. I played hooky on Friday and spent the day gettting to know and love the slim devices systems.

But there where a couple of bump on the audio hiway. Playlists.
When I set up the location of my library and the "MyPlaylists" they were full of wpl lists (Microsh*t's Media Player) and they worked great out of the box (so to speak) until I editet one, then the whole system went to hell, It seems that the system can't handel a mix of wpl's and m3u's or so it seemed to me. I converted by hand all of my wpl's; I don't have a great big library so it was not too bad. In trying to use the create playlist functions on the server which is really set up to create playlists as the user listens to music, I found the task tedious, no (broswe functions for finding songs to add). It would be nice to have a play list management utility the work independent of the server, and worked with all play list formats. I suppose that is what MoodLogic is, but I found MoodLogic to expensive and I hate learing software that has most of its functions disabled and they "expect one to pay" what I thougt was a lot of money for unknowen functionality.

But other than the Live365 connection problems with softsqeeze2 and the play lists thing, I think you software is great. I'm a User Interface and Interaction Designer, and I also have a lot of experience with database design and programming. So if I can help I'd be willing. I found your request for developers interested in helping, but (as an interesting user interface note) you did not provide any information on how to connact the development team. There is an email link that is for those who want to help translate... but not for the other tasks you mention. If you need help I'm willing to help if I can figure out where to write.

Dan Sully
2005-05-14, 10:24
* glmason shaped the electrons to say...

>database design and programming. So if I can help I'd be willing. I
>found your request for developers interested in helping, but (as an
>interesting user interface note) you did not provide any information on

The best place to contact the development team is in the Developers forum / mail list.

-D
--
<dr.pox> do they call it 'gq' because it makes your text fashionable?