PDA

View Full Version : Synchronization problem with 6.0.2

highknees69
2005-05-13, 17:00
I've been using version 5.4 since it was released in November on two Squeezeboxes w/o any real issue. I often sync them up to play music throughout the house.

I upgraded to 6.0.2 on Wednesday and since then the units are out of sync. Sometimes songs are fine, but more often than not, one unit starts before the other and they stay off by a second or two. I've tried setting the audio startup time to delay the play in case one of my receivers takes longer to load up the digital signal, but this didn't seem to make a difference.

So, today I downgraded to 5.4 and retested with the same albums and everything works fine.

Anybody else have this problem, or know what it could be?

Beau
2005-05-16, 05:17
I'm having this problem though I had never synched players before upping to 6.02.

I'm also (in case it makes a difference) running the following:

2 slimp3 players
6.02 on Windows 2000
Flac files

I;ve tried setting the LAME conversion to 9 (quickest but lowest quality) as my music server is fairly old but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

I'd be interested in any fixes - rather than going back to a previous version of slimserver.

TIA
Beau

Beau
2005-05-23, 01:10
Anyone got any ideas on this?

I'm still getting this problem and have also noticed that when I select an album and press "play" slimserver plays to near the end of track 1 and then hangs. The display still reads "playing" but I get no sound.

Stopping the track and playing again sorts it and the album plays fine in full.

Is it likely that these problems are related to my lowly spec PC? It's an old P3 233 Mhz.

TIA
Beau