PDA

View Full Version : Problems with MP3 Cue sheets

towerofchaos
2005-05-12, 04:27
I am running slimserver (latest prod. release 6.0.2-1) on a debian (sarge) linux box and I am having a few oddities with mp3 files that have cue sheets. These are albums with a single mp3 file with cue sheets giving track information.

1. During playback my squeezebox always shows the track I started on while scrolling across the screen, but then gets it right when it stops scrolling. When the scrolling starts again it goes back to the wrong track. If I turn off my squeezebox, then turn it on again and continue playing from the current position, the current track becomes the one listed during scrolling.

2. When selecting a particular track from one of these albums, it almost always gets the position wrong in the mp3 file. (The cue lists were created automatically by EAC whilst ripping the orignial cd's. And I have pulled the mp3 file into goldwave to check the cuesheet timings are correct; which they are.)

Is anyone else having similar problems, and does anyone know whether there is anything I can do about it.

jth
2005-05-12, 06:01
I am running slimserver (latest prod. release 6.0.2-1) on a debian (sarge) linux box and I am having a few oddities with mp3 files that have cue sheets. These are albums with a single mp3 file with cue sheets giving track information.

1. During playback my squeezebox always shows the track I started on while scrolling across the screen, but then gets it right when it stops scrolling. When the scrolling starts again it goes back to the wrong track. If I turn off my squeezebox, then turn it on again and continue playing from the current position, the current track becomes the one listed during scrolling.
I'm not seeing this here (6.0.2/NetBSD)

2. When selecting a particular track from one of these albums, it almost always gets the position wrong in the mp3 file. (The cue lists were created automatically by EAC whilst ripping the orignial cd's. And I have pulled the mp3 file into goldwave to check the cuesheet timings are correct; which they are.)
As far as I know slimserver can't seek accurately within VBR or ABR mp3 files. Try encoding in CBR.

towerofchaos
2005-05-12, 06:48
As far as I know slimserver can't seek accurately within VBR or ABR mp3 files. Try encoding in CBR.

That would be a nightmare as this is a longstanding large collection built over a long time before getting my squeezebox. All my files were carefully created using the --r3mix settings in EAC. I.e. VBR format. Aaargh!

Any suggestions how to move forward without reripping everything would be appreciated.