PDA

View Full Version : Larger display (a la Roku)



Bart
2005-05-11, 14:32
I am getting older every day (aren't we all!) and my kitchen is quite large (33ft at it's widest point), so sometimes I cannot read the display on my Squeezebox, good though it is.
I see from the internal photos, that were recently published here, that the VFD connects internally via a normal 14 or 16 way ribbon cable.
Is there a compatible larger VFD that I could use (perhaps with a little soldering to make the infrared detector work)?
Or is there a plan to offer a larger display in a model in the future?

seanadams
2005-05-11, 14:39
Squeezebox2 has a new display with much higher resolution (320x32
instead of 280x16) and somewhat larger viewable area. This is the
largest display we support.

On May 11, 2005, at 2:32 PM, Bart wrote:

>
> I am getting older every day (aren't we all!) and my kitchen is quite
> large (33ft at it's widest point), so sometimes I cannot read the
> display on my Squeezebox, good though it is.
> I see from the internal photos, that were recently published here,
> that
> the VFD connects internally via a normal 14 or 16 way ribbon cable.
> Is there a compatible larger VFD that I could use (perhaps with a
> little soldering to make the infrared detector work)?
> Or is there a plan to offer a larger display in a model in the future?
>
>
> --
> Bart
>

Christian Pernegger
2005-05-11, 15:41
19" component size model, brushed metal, display over 3/4 of the
front, play / pause / stop / arrow buttons ... nudge, nudge :)

C.

Marc Sherman
2005-05-12, 06:09
Christian Pernegger wrote:
> 19" component size model, brushed metal, display over 3/4 of the
> front, play / pause / stop / arrow buttons ... nudge, nudge :)

.... and a p... ah, never mind.

- Marc

dean
2005-05-12, 08:06
And a what? Come on, say it!!!!


On May 12, 2005, at 6:09 AM, Marc Sherman wrote:

> Christian Pernegger wrote:
>
>> 19" component size model, brushed metal, display over 3/4 of the
>> front, play / pause / stop / arrow buttons ... nudge, nudge :)
>>
>
> ... and a p... ah, never mind.
>
> - Marc
>

Marc Sherman
2005-05-12, 08:15
dean blackketter wrote:
> And a what? Come on, say it!!!!

Well, I suppose if he wants a 19" box and a larger display, a pony won't
be adequate, either. Better make it a Clydesdale.

- Marc