PDA

View Full Version : Multiple disc albums using DISC & DISCC doesn't work.

dborn
2005-04-30, 10:24
I'm using a recent 6.1.0 nightly and I filled DISC & DISCC tags for my multi-disc albums "album title (disc %DISC% of %DISCC%)" and then removed the "(disc x of y)" part in the album titles. And then I rescanned. This doesn not seem to work (or I don't understand how it's supposed to work!?) because regardless of the Group Discs setting, all my multi-disc albums show up as single albums with tracks all listed in numerical order (not according to disc order). I've already filed bug 1473.

Anybody else seen this?
Daniel

Christian Pernegger
2005-04-30, 10:32
> I'm using a recent 6.1.0 nightly and I filled DISC & DISCC tags [...]

It works for me. BTW you do not need to set DISCC, that's just
internally used by slimserver.

C.

Patrick Dixon
2005-04-30, 10:50
Have you tried Server Settings -> Behaviour -> Group Disks ?

dborn
2005-04-30, 12:52
Yep.

The album names are the same but I didn't move the mp3 files into the same directory... (e.g. /mnt/music/AC-DC Live (disc 1 of 2) & /mnt/music/AC-DC Live (disc 2 of 2)). I wouldn't think that the directory names matter..?

I used the tags "disc" & "discc" but it pretty much reacts as if these tags didn't exist. Some only have the "disc" tag with no "discc" (disc 2). I tried both settings for grouped albums and wiped cache before each. No difference was perceived.

Also, how would the tracks appear if I chose to have all multi-disc albums show up as single albums?

01 - track 1 of first disc
02 - track 2 of first disc
(...)
01 - track 1 of second disc
02 - track 2 of second disc
(...)

OR

01 - track 1 of first disc
01 - track 1 of second disc
(...)
02 - track 2 of first disc
02 - track 2 of second disc
(...)

I would assume #1 makes "more sense" musically..?

Thanks,
Daniel