PDA

View Full Version : Issue with folders that have leading dashes

Eugene Wisor
2005-04-29, 10:37
Greetings,

I just updated SlimServer from v5 to v6.0.2 and noticed an unexpected effect. It appears that leading dashes are now being ignored in the following instances whereas in all previous v5 versions they were not:

- When browsing the music folder, folders/dirs with leading dashes were sorted/listed before standard alpha numerics whereas now the leading dashs are ignored.

- When browsing albums, album tags with leading dashes were sorted/listed before standard alpha numerics whereas now the leading dashs are ignored.

I liked to be able to use leading dashes to control sorting. For example, I like to display compilation albums for an artist at the top of the album list so I used a leading dash to make this happen. In addition, I organized my music folder with a few key folders at the top using leading dashes (e.g. a new music folder for new stuff that has not yet been catagorized into my /artist/album structure yet).

I'd really like to avoid renaming my music folders and/or changing of my album tags.

Is there some way to re-enable this in the current version. I'm willing tweak any scripts or files to make it happen.

Any suggestions will be appreciated,

*E

JJZolx
2005-04-29, 13:59
Greetings,

I just updated SlimServer from v5 to v6.0.2 and noticed an unexpected effect. It appears that leading dashes are now being ignored in the following instances whereas in all previous v5 versions they were not:

- When browsing the music folder, folders/dirs with leading dashes were sorted/listed before standard alpha numerics whereas now the leading dashs are ignored.

- When browsing albums, album tags with leading dashes were sorted/listed before standard alpha numerics whereas now the leading dashs are ignored.

I liked to be able to use leading dashes to control sorting. For example, I like to display compilation albums for an artist at the top of the album list so I used a leading dash to make this happen. In addition, I organized my music folder with a few key folders at the top using leading dashes (e.g. a new music folder for new stuff that has not yet been catagorized into my /artist/album structure yet).

I'd really like to avoid renaming my music folders and/or changing of my album tags.

Is there some way to re-enable this in the current version. I'm willing tweak any scripts or files to make it happen.

I do pretty much the same thing with leading underscores, but I don't find that they're ignored. Instead I find them sorted at the end, rather than the beginning. That is, after Z rather than before 0 (zero) as they're sorted in Windows Explorer. I suspect this is just a function of the collating order of the underlying dbms.
________
Kawasaki ZZR600 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Kawasaki_ZZR600)