PDA

View Full Version : SB2 Geek Connector pin-out/functions

nickrt
2005-04-25, 10:07
Hi

I have ordered a new SB2 (although when we will get them in the UK is anyones guess!).

I have used the Geek connector on the previous versions to control my amp, as well as provide additional status LED's etc.

What is the pin-out of the connector in SB2? Does it have the same functions?

Thanks for the help

max.spicer
2005-04-25, 11:21
Have a look at the recent posts in this forum for more info, but basically there isn't currently a geek port connector on the SB2. The headphone socket will provide the geek port connection, but the firmware support isn't there yet and is not a priority this close to the release whilst other issues are ironed out, apparently.

cliveb
2005-04-25, 11:27
I have ordered a new SB2 (although when we will get them in the UK is anyones guess!).
They are definitely here in the UK. I bought a wired SB2 from broadbandstuff.co.uk (141 inc VAT) and it arrived on Friday (22nd April).

nickrt
2005-05-03, 13:21
Hi

I thought I had seen a photograph of the SB2 cir cuit board with a connector for expansion marked? Given the number of people that have used this functuioinality and the number of people who would like an on/off signal for their amp, it is odd that Slim ignored this requirement in their redesign. It would have been easy to add a simple i/o port connector and allow some programble set-up. I disappointed espeically as I have ordered a new unit!

kdf
2005-05-03, 13:43
Quoting nickrt <nickrt.1oh33n (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
> Hi
>
> I thought I had seen a photograph of the SB2 cir cuit board with a
> connector for expansion marked? Given the number of people that have
> used this functuioinality and the number of people who would like an
> on/off signal for their amp, it is odd that Slim ignored this
> requirement in their redesign.

er...they didn't ignore a thing. the headphone jack is now the geekport.

SB1 geekport was never fully implemented and due to unfortunate difficulties in
licensing the firmware development tools, not available for hacking.

SB2's geekport is planned to start with IR blasting, but can be reconfigured for
several different io requiremtents. Its also not just your standard stero jack
either (there is an extra ring, iirc).

-kdf