PDA

View Full Version : Rescan Folder Bug

Justme
2005-04-25, 09:32
Hi all,

Wow, don't wanna be known as the new guy who joins up and starts posting endless new threads, but I came across a bizarre bug, and searching through this forum, I havn't found anyone who mentioned it yet.

I was ripping some CD's to my music folder, and from one band called Velveteen, of which I ripped 5 of their CD's, I noticed a couple of days ago, I spelt the band name wrong on one album.

So, on the Artist heading, I had two versions of the same band.

Valveteen (with one CD) and
Velveteen (with the remaining 4 CD's) Correct spelling.

Natually, I corrected the spelling (both in Artist name and file name) and done a rescan music in Slimserver.

The rescan picked up the new spelling, so Velveteen now has all 5 CD's under the correct spelling.

However, the old Valveteen (incorrect sp) is still there and working, and no further rescan fixes this.

I have checked the spelling on the file (file name and artist) and it is certainly spelt correctly now, so why won't Slimserver delete this V"a"lveteen from the list?

Is there anyway I can clear the list and start a full new rescan?

By the way, J-River Music Match 10, uses the same mp3 directory, and it is correctly labelled in that program, so it does seem to be a slimserver bug.

Anyone else seen this?

Ben Sandee
2005-04-25, 10:11
On 4/25/05, Justme <Justme.1o1z4b (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
>
> I have checked the spelling on the file (file name and artist) and it
> is certainly spelt correctly now, so why won't Slimserver delete this
> V"a"lveteen from the list?
>
> Is there anyway I can clear the list and start a full new rescan?

This is a known issue with 6.0; SlimServer doesn't currently delete
old entries even when it is superceded by an updated version of the
existing file. You'd run into a similar problem if you removed a file
from the server and hit rescan. It is slated for an upcoming release
but for the time being you can go to Server Settings -> Performance
and select the "wipe cache" button to rebuild the database completely.

FYI, this area is apparently slated for a UI overhaul (likely in progress).

Ben

max.spicer
2005-04-25, 11:24
Go to server settings and, I think, troubleshooting and select Wipe Cache. If it's not there, dig around under server settings until you find it (my wireless network has just bombed so I can't look on my slimserver). SlimServer does lazy deletions of albums and will not notice the removal of an album until it actually tries to read it (e.g. browsing to the album using the browse filesystem featur, or probably trying to play it). Wipe Cache sorts out this sort of error. Apparently, more aggressive removal of deleted files will be a part of future implementations of Rescan.

Justme
2005-04-25, 14:15
Thanks guys for your responses!

cheers.