PDA

View Full Version : improved equalizer?



Super-Gonzo
2005-04-22, 12:49
Is there any chance that the new sb2 will, in the future, include improved equalizer functionality?

A built-in 30-band graphic equalizer would be pretty slick :)

(..and definately give me a reason to upgrade from my sb1)

earthbased
2005-04-23, 12:54
Improved? I don't even see an equalizer function on the SB2...

radish
2005-04-24, 09:06
Well there's a 2 band equaliser (bass/treble) in the settings menu.

earthbased
2005-04-26, 08:11
Well there's a 2 band equaliser (bass/treble) in the settings menu.

I have a SB2 and have NO bass/treble adjustment under SETTINGS. Am I missing something?

seanadams
2005-04-26, 08:33
>
> radish Wrote:
>> Well there's a 2 band equaliser (bass/treble) in the settings menu.
>
> I have a SB2 and have NO bass/treble adjustment under SETTINGS. Am I
> missing something?

No, EQ controls are not implemented yet.

Chop
2005-04-26, 08:36
--- Sean Adams <sadams (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com> wrote:
>
> >
> > radish Wrote:
> >> Well there's a 2 band equaliser (bass/treble) in
> the settings menu.
> >
> > I have a SB2 and have NO bass/treble adjustment
> under SETTINGS. Am I
> > missing something?
>
> No, EQ controls are not implemented yet.

Perhaps the reference was to the bass and treble
controls in the Fishbone skin?

radish
2005-04-26, 08:50
No - I am - sorry! I forgot they took it out of the SB2 (it was on the SB1). I believe there's a bug listed to bring back the bass/treble, not sure if there's an ETA.

kdf
2005-04-26, 09:52
Quoting Chris Glushko <chopcg (AT) yahoo (DOT) com>:

>
> --- Sean Adams <sadams (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com> wrote:
> >
> > >
> > > radish Wrote:
> > >> Well there's a 2 band equaliser (bass/treble) in
> > the settings menu.
> > >
> > > I have a SB2 and have NO bass/treble adjustment
> > under SETTINGS. Am I
> > > missing something?
> >
> > No, EQ controls are not implemented yet.
>
> Perhaps the reference was to the bass and treble
> controls in the Fishbone skin?

they don't work either :)

when they are used, they will drop to zero and stay there. No effect on audio,
however. I don't know of a way to isolate a specific player model from just a
skin so I've been just left it there. It seems too trivial to modify Pages.pm
just to selectively drop those two little graphics :)

however, it can be changed if it really does bother people.

-kdf

earthbased
2005-04-26, 09:54
No - I am - sorry! I forgot they took it out of the SB2 (it was on the SB1). I believe there's a bug listed to bring back the bass/treble, not sure if there's an ETA.

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1305

Anyone know why this was taken out? I hook my SB2 to a wave radio and it would be nice to have a treble/bass adjustment.

kdf
2005-04-26, 10:04
Quoting earthbased <earthbased.1o3upn (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
> radish Wrote:
> > No - I am - sorry! I forgot they took it out of the SB2 (it was on the
> > SB1). I believe there's a bug listed to bring back the bass/treble, not
> > sure if there's an ETA.
>
> http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1305
>
> Anyone know why this was taken out? I hook my SB2 to a wave radio and
> it would be nice to have a treble/bass adjustment.

not implemented is not the same as taken out. The SB2 is an entirely different
creature from the SB1. It, or something like it, will come in time, I'm sure.

-kdf

Super-Gonzo
2005-04-27, 14:24
Sorry guys, I had assumed that the sb2 would have at least implemented the same feature-set (treble + bass controls) as the sb1... being a newer product and all.

radish
2005-04-27, 15:53
not implemented is not the same as taken out. The SB2 is an entirely different
creature from the SB1. It, or something like it, will come in time, I'm sure.

-kdf

Not wishing to be pedantic, but if you go from version 1 of something to version 2 of the same thing, and whilst doing so a feature ceases to exist, I'd be happy using the phrase "taken out". Sure, the technology under the hood is totally new, and I quite understand that for various reasons some features were never implemented, but to the lay-user SB2 is SB1 + more goodness. That's how it's marketed, and that's what customers see.

kdf
2005-04-27, 16:09
Quoting radish <radish.1o661n (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

>
> Not wishing to be pedantic, but if you go from version 1 of something
> to version 2 of the same thing, and whilst doing so a feature ceases to
> exist, I'd be happy using the phrase "taken out". Sure, the technology
> under the hood is totally new, and I quite understand that for various
> reasons some features were never implemented, but to the lay-user SB2
> is SB1 + more goodness. That's how it's marketed, and that's what
> customers see.

if you say so...