PDA

View Full Version : SqueezeboxG display corruption



Craig, James (IT)
2005-04-18, 02:08
I noticed some weird display corruption on my SqueezeboxG over the
weekend:
>From time to time the display would 'roll' up and down, like a TV that
had lost vertical sync.
Does anyone know what causes this?
I've recently moved all my hi-fi/squeezebox/router components and ramped
up the scrolling refresh rate.

Also, what does the little black box wrapped around the power lead do?
I moved it a bit further away from the squeezebox so it was hidden down
the back of my hifi cabinet.


James

PS. Other than that, no problems to report on v6.1!
--------------------------------------------------------

NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.

dean
2005-04-18, 08:54
On Apr 18, 2005, at 2:08 AM, Craig, James (IT) wrote:
> I noticed some weird display corruption on my SqueezeboxG over the
> weekend:
>> From time to time the display would 'roll' up and down, like a TV that
> had lost vertical sync.
> Does anyone know what causes this?
Have never seen this on SqueezeboxG. Could be a hardware problem.
If it's a Squeezebox2, the latest nightly releases include vertical
scrolling as you move up and down through the user interface. That's a
feature!

> Also, what does the little black box wrapped around the power lead do?
> I moved it a bit further away from the squeezebox so it was hidden down
> the back of my hifi cabinet.
That sounds like "choke" that reduces RF interference. Moving it may
change the RFI emitted by the player, but shouldn't be a problem.

-dean

Craig, James (IT)
2005-04-18, 09:38
Sadly not a Squeezebox 2 !

I will have to keep an eye on it!


James

-----Original Message-----
From: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
[mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] On Behalf Of dean
blackketter
Sent: 18 April 2005 16:55
To: Slim Devices Discussion
Subject: Re: [slim] SqueezeboxG display corruption


On Apr 18, 2005, at 2:08 AM, Craig, James (IT) wrote:
> I noticed some weird display corruption on my SqueezeboxG over the
> weekend:
>> From time to time the display would 'roll' up and down, like a TV
that
> had lost vertical sync.
> Does anyone know what causes this?
Have never seen this on SqueezeboxG. Could be a hardware problem.
If it's a Squeezebox2, the latest nightly releases include vertical
scrolling as you move up and down through the user interface. That's a
feature!

> Also, what does the little black box wrapped around the power lead do?
> I moved it a bit further away from the squeezebox so it was hidden
down
> the back of my hifi cabinet.
That sounds like "choke" that reduces RF interference. Moving it may
change the RFI emitted by the player, but shouldn't be a problem.

-dean

dean
2005-04-18, 17:19
On Apr 18, 2005, at 9:38 AM, Craig, James (IT) wrote:
> Sadly not a Squeezebox 2 !
>
> I will have to keep an eye on it!
Please do. That's a totally new problem to me, I want to make sure that
it's fixed.