PDA

View Full Version : Spdif Enable Signal Stuck On In Latest Firmware

nickrt
2005-04-11, 04:23
Hi

I have noticed that the lastest firmware leaves the S/PDIF enable signal (pin 11 on the "geek connector") on. On the original Squeezebox, if I power on the mains the signal is off, and browse to music and play, it then comes on - as it should. However, stopping the music or using "power" on the remote, the signal remains active. This has happened on a previous release of the firware and had to be corrected!

Oddly, the "graphics" version of SqueezeBox which I also have, does not seem to suffer from the same problem!

Can someone check out the firware and make sure that S/PDIF enable signal is always turned OFF on STOP or power off?

Thanks for help!

Nick

nickrt
2005-04-13, 02:00
I've posted this as a bug (Dean!) - I use the signal to turn on/off my amps - so it is a pain to be stuck on! Can someone check this for me?

lostboy
2005-04-13, 02:13
Nick,

I'm interested in methods of turning amps on and off in line with the SB as part of a house audio installation. Would you care to provide a little more detail on what you had to do to get this to work (circuit, components?).

Cheers

Chris

nickrt
2005-04-13, 04:13
Hi Chris

Check my pages www.moyo.me.uk/squeeze. I have completed a wall mounted unit that turns the amp physically on/off using a solid state relay. I have given the circuit etc here.

By the way, I see you are in Portsmouth (UK?) - I used to be in Havant! If you need something more specific let me know and I might be able to help out!

Marc Sherman
2005-04-13, 05:16
nickrt wrote:
> Hi Chris
>
> Check my pages www.moyo.me.uk/squeeze. I have completed a wall mounted
> unit that turns the amp physically on/off using a solid state relay. I
> have given the circuit etc here.

Does that work with an analog amp? Or are the spdif signals on the
geekport only enabled when using spdif out?

- Marc

nickrt
2005-04-13, 07:01
Hi

I use it with an analogue amp and the enable signal seems to be active at all times. I beleive that the digital out is always enabled.

lostboy
2005-04-14, 14:34
Nick,

thanks for the link to your website - exactly what I needed and more - how did you know I was thinking of putting my SB1 into the shower room? My shower room is definitely not as cool as yours looks, but the in wall mount is very interesting.

Chris