PDA

View Full Version : squeezebox and squeezebox 2 at 54 or 104 mbps? (kdf/paulwilliamson??)

Damian Bloom
2005-04-04, 15:45
Hi

I am currently running a Netgear DG834G with a card (wirelessly - 104 mbps) for a laptop and wired PC. I also run a Squeezbox wireless, which runs at a meagre 11 mbps, meaning that the rest of the system has to run at 11mbps. I was going to buy a Squeezebox2, which runs at 54 mbps, to run together with the existing Squeezebox, in another room.

I think if I have a wireless adaptor to run from the squeezebox (i.e. as though it were a wired box), then I can run the adaptor at 54 mbps, to match the squeezebox 2.

In which case I should probably buy a squeezebox 2, wireless, and a wireless adaptor for the existing squeezebox.

Any thoughts on whether this would work, and which adaptor I should buy?

Thanks.

Damian.

Aaron Zinck
2005-04-05, 07:36
This will work. Can't offer any suggestions as to the best bridge to get. Getting another netgear product will limit compatibility issues, so perhaps you should look into something from then.
"Damian Bloom" wrote
Hi

I am currently running a Netgear DG834G with a card (wirelessly - 104 mbps) for a laptop and wired PC. I also run a Squeezbox wireless, which runs at a meagre 11 mbps, meaning that the rest of the system has to run at 11mbps. I was going to buy a Squeezebox2, which runs at 54 mbps, to run together with the existing Squeezebox, in another room.

I think if I have a wireless adaptor to run from the squeezebox (i.e. as though it were a wired box), then I can run the adaptor at 54 mbps, to match the squeezebox 2.

In which case I should probably buy a squeezebox 2, wireless, and a wireless adaptor for the existing squeezebox.

Any thoughts on whether this would work, and which adaptor I should buy?

Thanks.

Damian.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kdf
2005-04-05, 10:49
SB2 supports bridging, so if you are able to run a wired connection from your
SB1 to the SB2, you can use that as the bridge and save yoruself a few $$.

-kdf

Quoting Aaron Zinck <azinck3 (AT) ufl (DOT) edu>:

> This will work. Can't offer any suggestions as to the best bridge to get.
> Getting another netgear product will limit compatibility issues, so perhaps
> you should look into something from then.
> "Damian Bloom" wrote
> Hi
>
> I am currently running a Netgear DG834G with a card (wirelessly - 104 mbps)
> for a laptop and wired PC. I also run a Squeezbox wireless, which runs at a
> meagre 11 mbps, meaning that the rest of the system has to run at 11mbps. I
> was going to buy a Squeezebox2, which runs at 54 mbps, to run together with
> the existing Squeezebox, in another room.
>
> I think if I have a wireless adaptor to run from the squeezebox (i.e. as
> though it were a wired box), then I can run the adaptor at 54 mbps, to match
> the squeezebox 2.
>
> In which case I should probably buy a squeezebox 2, wireless, and a
> wireless adaptor for the existing squeezebox.
>
> Any thoughts on whether this would work, and which adaptor I should buy?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Damian.
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>