PDA

View Full Version : Discuss Digest, Vol 18, Issue 3



2005-04-01, 13:49
I've seen quite a few posts discussion bugs and flaws on the 6.0 server
release.
I'm quite happy with my SB1 running on 5.4.1 now, but still, I plan on
ordering a SB2.
This needs to run on 6.0 - I can understand that.
But is this version stable enough to support the new SB2 without problems
(on wireless, XP2 setup with about 27K tracks)?
Is this the right time to switch to SB2, or should I wait a few months?

Peter

mherger
2005-04-02, 01:05
On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 22:49:18 +0200, <slim (AT) vcooten (DOT) nl> wrote:

> I've seen quite a few posts discussion bugs and flaws on the 6.0 server
> release.
> I'm quite happy with my SB1 running on 5.4.1 now, but still, I plan on
> ordering a SB2.
> This needs to run on 6.0 - I can understand that.
> But is this version stable enough to support the new SB2 without problems
> (on wireless, XP2 setup with about 27K tracks)?

I can't speak for XP, am running it on linux. But I'd say yes!

I don't know how many SB2 units already have been delivered. But I'm sure
there are hundreds out there happily working. It's sometimes dangerous
making an opinion from looking at forums like this as you might mainly see
the few users having problems. The happy users won't even subscribe.

> Is this the right time to switch to SB2, or should I wait a few months?

If you want it and have the bucks, go for it now. (Though I don't have one
of them, yet...)

--

Michael

-----------------------------------------------------------
Help translate SlimServer by using the
StringEditor Plugin (http://www.herger.net/slim/)