PDA

View Full Version : SV: No Shoutcast with SlimServer 6.0



Tore Johnsson
2005-03-29, 09:02
Thanks a lot. It worked
But it is odd. In 5.4.1 there were no problems with the default setting for
timeout.
Kind Regards
Tore

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
[mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] För Michael Herger
Skickat: den 29 mars 2005 17:28
Till: Slim Devices Discussion
Ämne: [slim] No Shoutcast with SlimServer 6.0

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:19:26 +0200, Tore Johnsson <tore (AT) torejohnsson (DOT) se>
wrote:

> I have installed 6.0 on Win2000.
>
> When I enter Shoutcast I get the message "Shoutcast web site not
> available". Please advise what to do.

Please try increasing the "Internet Radio Timeout" option in the network
settings to eg. 15. If this works it's your connection to shoutcast that's
timing out.




>
> I don´t know which debug I should mark for logfile.
>
> Kind regards
> Tore Johnsson
>
>
> -----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
> Från: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
> [mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] För Dan Sully
> Skickat: den 29 mars 2005 00:57
> Till: discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
> Ämne: [slim] Announce: SlimServer 6.0
>
> We're happy to announce the release of the production version of
> SlimServer
> 6.0.0. Installers for this version are available at
> http://www.slimdevices.com/download
>
> SlimServer 6.0.0 has the following features:
>
> * Support for the new Squeezebox2 player.
>
> * Faster scanning, searching and browsing - scales to very large
> music
> libraries (100K+ tracks).
>
> * Advanced search features and new browse categories.
>
> * Integrates with MusicMagic Mixer from Predixis, MoodLogic and
> iTunes.
>
> * Unicode support - web interface translated to even more languages,
> including Japanese.
>
> * Many more improvements and bug fixes.
>
> Detailed release notes can be found at
> http://www.slimdevices.com/su_changelog.html
>
> We recommend that anyone who has installed previous alpha and beta
> versions
> of
> SlimServer 6.0 upgrade to this version immediately. This version is also
> a
> requirement for anyone using a Squeezebox2. SlimServer 6.0.0 continues to
> support all Slim Devices hardware.
>
> We'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to the creation of
> SlimServer
> 6.0.0. Our community is an important part of our development process and
> we
> look forward to your continuing support and feedback.
>
> The Slim Devices Team
>

mherger
2005-03-29, 09:20
On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:02:01 +0200, Tore Johnsson <tore (AT) torejohnsson (DOT) se>
wrote:

> Thanks a lot. It worked
> But it is odd. In 5.4.1 there were no problems with the default setting
> for timeout.

Hmm... I'd say it was introduced with 6.0 :-/


> Kind Regards
> Tore
>
> -----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
> Från: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
> [mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] För Michael Herger
> Skickat: den 29 mars 2005 17:28
> Till: Slim Devices Discussion
> Ämne: [slim] No Shoutcast with SlimServer 6.0
>
> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 17:19:26 +0200, Tore Johnsson <tore (AT) torejohnsson (DOT) se>
> wrote:
>
>> I have installed 6.0 on Win2000.
>>
>> When I enter Shoutcast I get the message "Shoutcast web site not
>> available". Please advise what to do.
>
> Please try increasing the "Internet Radio Timeout" option in the network
> settings to eg. 15. If this works it's your connection to shoutcast
> that's
> timing out.
>
>
>
>
>>
>> I don´t know which debug I should mark for logfile.
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Tore Johnsson
>>
>>
>> -----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
>> Från: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
>> [mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] För Dan Sully
>> Skickat: den 29 mars 2005 00:57
>> Till: discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
>> Ämne: [slim] Announce: SlimServer 6.0
>>
>> We're happy to announce the release of the production version of
>> SlimServer
>> 6.0.0. Installers for this version are available at
>> http://www.slimdevices.com/download
>>
>> SlimServer 6.0.0 has the following features:
>>
>> * Support for the new Squeezebox2 player.
>>
>> * Faster scanning, searching and browsing - scales to very large
>> music
>> libraries (100K+ tracks).
>>
>> * Advanced search features and new browse categories.
>>
>> * Integrates with MusicMagic Mixer from Predixis, MoodLogic and
>> iTunes.
>>
>> * Unicode support - web interface translated to even more languages,
>> including Japanese.
>>
>> * Many more improvements and bug fixes.
>>
>> Detailed release notes can be found at
>> http://www.slimdevices.com/su_changelog.html
>>
>> We recommend that anyone who has installed previous alpha and beta
>> versions
>> of
>> SlimServer 6.0 upgrade to this version immediately. This version is also
>> a
>> requirement for anyone using a Squeezebox2. SlimServer 6.0.0 continues
>> to
>> support all Slim Devices hardware.
>>
>> We'd like to thank everyone who has contributed to the creation of
>> SlimServer
>> 6.0.0. Our community is an important part of our development process and
>> we
>> look forward to your continuing support and feedback.
>>
>> The Slim Devices Team
>>

vidurapparao
2005-03-29, 09:26
Michael Herger wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 18:02:01 +0200, Tore Johnsson
> <tore (AT) torejohnsson (DOT) se> wrote:
>
>> Thanks a lot. It worked
>> But it is odd. In 5.4.1 there were no problems with the default
>> setting for timeout.
>
>
> Hmm... I'd say it was introduced with 6.0 :-/


Prior to 6.0, the Shoutcast browser was not respecting this timeout
value. In fact, it was blocking for an arbitrary amount of time,
potentially causing audio dropouts. The time it takes to get a response
from the Shoutcast site is a function of how busy it is and, of course,
where you are. If enough people find that they are hitting the default
timeout value, we can consider changing it.

--Vidur