PDA

View Full Version : MySQL, Monkey's Audio and strange coincidences



Christian Pernegger
2005-03-18, 15:02
Because of my DB problems I tried switching to the MySQL backend, which is
already supported enough that it took me all of 15 minutes, including
installing the server, with no previous experience in the area. Since then
I've bombarded the live search with test searches, no probem, let's see if
it stays that way.

The strange thing: with MySQL backend my song count is up by about 100. It
was a pleasant surprise to find that slimserver now recognizes and plays the
odd .ape albums that I've not yet transcoded to .flac. With the SQLite
backend there'd be a 'could not create track' error in the log for each .ape
track.

C.

kdf
2005-03-18, 15:14
Quoting Christian Pernegger <pernegger (AT) hotmail (DOT) com>:

> Because of my DB problems I tried switching to the MySQL backend, which is
> already supported enough that it took me all of 15 minutes, including
> installing the server, with no previous experience in the area. Since then
> I've bombarded the live search with test searches, no probem, let's see if
> it stays that way.
>
> The strange thing: with MySQL backend my song count is up by about 100. It
> was a pleasant surprise to find that slimserver now recognizes and plays the
> odd .ape albums that I've not yet transcoded to .flac. With the SQLite
> backend there'd be a 'could not create track' error in the log for each .ape
> track.

using SQLite, I have 8 APE (v3.99) files showing up just fine.

--d_sql output, I'm sure would help.
-kdf