PDA

View Full Version : stream.mp3 not working



Nate G
2005-03-18, 11:20
Hi!

I'm trying to get the stream to play in winamp and no matter what settings I try in winamp, I hear
absolutely nothing (The same is true for WMP, QT and Real)

I'm using SS 6.0b but have tried other versions and still can't get it to work!

Could someone confirm that it is possible to play on the slimbox and the stream at the same time?

Thanks

Nat

kdf
2005-03-18, 11:25
Quoting Nate G <fatrapper (AT) hotmail (DOT) com>:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to get the stream to play in winamp and no matter what settings I
> try in winamp, I hear
> absolutely nothing (The same is true for WMP, QT and Real)
>
> I'm using SS 6.0b but have tried other versions and still can't get it to
> work!
>
> Could someone confirm that it is possible to play on the slimbox and the
> stream at the same time?

There was a bug that prevented http players from connecting properly. I can't
remember what date it was fixed, but it should be working in the latest of the
nightly builds and soon-to-be-released 6.0 Beta 2.

-kdf

Nate G
2005-03-18, 11:31
Just checked which version I'm using NB v2005-03-07

Will try last night's build and see what happens

Thanks
----- Original Message -----
From: "kdf" <slim-mail (AT) deane-freeman (DOT) com>
To: "Slim Devices Discussion" <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 6:25 PM
Subject: [slim] stream.mp3 not working


> Quoting Nate G <fatrapper (AT) hotmail (DOT) com>:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I'm trying to get the stream to play in winamp and no matter what
>> settings I
>> try in winamp, I hear
>> absolutely nothing (The same is true for WMP, QT and Real)
>>
>> I'm using SS 6.0b but have tried other versions and still can't get it to
>> work!
>>
>> Could someone confirm that it is possible to play on the slimbox and the
>> stream at the same time?
>
> There was a bug that prevented http players from connecting properly. I
> can't
> remember what date it was fixed, but it should be working in the latest of
> the
> nightly builds and soon-to-be-released 6.0 Beta 2.
>
> -kdf
>

kdf
2005-03-18, 11:36
Quoting Nate G <fatrapper (AT) hotmail (DOT) com>:

> Just checked which version I'm using NB v2005-03-07
>
> Will try last night's build and see what happens

I was playing through winamp at work, through the company firewall to my
slimserver at home just 10 minutes ago :)

-kdf

Nate G
2005-03-18, 11:48
Just finished updating to last nights release and noticed something I didn't
before:
SServer registers the stream as a separate player, complete with separate
playlist (doh!)

I thought that it just streamed what the streambox was playing.

Oh well, you live and learn...

----- Original Message -----
From: "kdf" <slim-mail (AT) deane-freeman (DOT) com>
To: "Slim Devices Discussion" <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2005 6:36 PM
Subject: [slim] stream.mp3 not working


> Quoting Nate G <fatrapper (AT) hotmail (DOT) com>:
>
>> Just checked which version I'm using NB v2005-03-07
>>
>> Will try last night's build and see what happens
>
> I was playing through winamp at work, through the company firewall to my
> slimserver at home just 10 minutes ago :)
>
> -kdf
>