PDA

View Full Version : Huge artist list

Danny Rego
2005-03-15, 08:19
I have an adam sandler album, and on his albums there are many artists, so a track might have this set...

Artist : Adam Sandler; David Spade

....slim server takes that, and puts ADAM SANDLER in the artist list.....DAVID SPADE in the artist list, and ALSO "ADAM SANDLER/DAVID SPADE" Is there a way to stop it from putting in the double entry?? My artist list is absolutely freakin' HUGE because of it.

Also...in v6 of the server, is it possible to make the ARTIST only show the artist instead of the crazy 3 data-item style it's in now???

Anyone?

Danny Rego

Neil Coburn
2005-03-15, 08:35
I have the same problem, which was reported as a bug and was supposed to be
fixed in the 03/13/2005 nightly (though I haven't tried it)

See: http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=914

Neil Cameron
2005-03-15, 08:47
It's a Server option under Behaviour, option Composer, Band and Orchestra in Artists set it to "Don't" etc...
Must have been changed on upgrade.

--
Neil

"Danny Rego" <danny (AT) rego (DOT) com> wrote in message news:004c01c52972$748c27c0$9507a8c0 (AT) rocknroll (DOT) ..
I have an adam sandler album, and on his albums there are many artists, so a track might have this set...

Artist : Adam Sandler; David Spade

...slim server takes that, and puts ADAM SANDLER in the artist list.....DAVID SPADE in the artist list, and ALSO "ADAM SANDLER/DAVID SPADE" Is there a way to stop it from putting in the double entry?? My artist list is absolutely freakin' HUGE because of it.

Also...in v6 of the server, is it possible to make the ARTIST only show the artist instead of the crazy 3 data-item style it's in now???

Anyone?

Danny Rego

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Danny Rego
2005-03-15, 09:47
Thank you for sparing me the pain of searching through bugzilla. (nasty)

Danny Rego

----- Original Message -----
From: "Neil Coburn" <neil.coburn (AT) blueyonder (DOT) co.uk>
To: <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 10:35 AM
Subject: [slim] Huge artist list

>I have the same problem, which was reported as a bug and was supposed to be
> fixed in the 03/13/2005 nightly (though I haven't tried it)
>
> See: http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=914
>
>
>
>
>
>
>