PDA

View Full Version : Moodlogic Instructions?



Craig, James (IT)
2005-03-10, 04:19
KDF,
Are you sure about it working as a service?
I only ask because the other COM-based plugins (Moodmagic & iTunes)
won't work if SlimServer is a service.

James

-----Original Message-----
From: discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
[mailto:discuss-bounces (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com] On Behalf Of Neil Cameron
Sent: 10 March 2005 11:16
To: discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
Subject: [slim] Moodlogic Instructions?

I instaled Moodlogic and rebooted; and have Moodlogic running (I assume
it
has to be). But the Moodlogic plug-in check box in Server Settings will
not
stay checked, and I get no Moodlogic Server Settings option...

--
Neil


"kdf" <slim-mail (AT) deane-freeman (DOT) com> wrote in
message news:1110451499.4230252b3c558 (AT) callisto (DOT) deane-freeman.com...
Quoting Neil Cameron <ncameron (AT) msn (DOT) com>:

> That's very helpful; I'll give it a go.
> Just one follow-up, when you say "running the server on Windows" do
you
> mean
> as a Windows Service?
>

nope, I just mean that Slimserver has to be on a windows machine, the
same
one
as you have installed moodlogic. it should work whether it is running
as a
service, manually, or using activePerl

-kdf

kdf
2005-03-10, 04:26
Quoting "Craig, James (IT)" <James.Craig (AT) morganstanley (DOT) com>:

> KDF,
> Are you sure about it working as a service?
> I only ask because the other COM-based plugins (Moodmagic & iTunes)
> won't work if SlimServer is a service.
>

I might be wrong...I never run as a service.
try running manually, if it fails to show up with a service and that will answer
that question :)

-kdf

Neil Cameron
2005-03-10, 04:48
How do you run it manually? I assumed it would be a case of stopping the
service and running slim.exe, but that gets me an empty hung DOS box...

--
Neil


"kdf" <slim-mail (AT) deane-freeman (DOT) com> wrote in
message news:1110453978.42302eda525cc (AT) callisto (DOT) deane-freeman.com...
Quoting "Craig, James (IT)"
<James.Craig (AT) morganstanley (DOT) com>:

> KDF,
> Are you sure about it working as a service?
> I only ask because the other COM-based plugins (Moodmagic & iTunes)
> won't work if SlimServer is a service.
>

I might be wrong...I never run as a service.
try running manually, if it fails to show up with a service and that will
answer
that question :)

-kdf

Neil Cameron
2005-03-10, 05:42
OK. tried running slim.exe instead of the service but still can't get
Moodlogic plug-in check box to stay on and still can't see any Moodlogic
server settings..
What's next?

--
Neil


"kdf" <slim-mail (AT) deane-freeman (DOT) com> wrote in
message news:1110453978.42302eda525cc (AT) callisto (DOT) deane-freeman.com...
Quoting "Craig, James (IT)"
<James.Craig (AT) morganstanley (DOT) com>:

> KDF,
> Are you sure about it working as a service?
> I only ask because the other COM-based plugins (Moodmagic & iTunes)
> won't work if SlimServer is a service.
>

I might be wrong...I never run as a service.
try running manually, if it fails to show up with a service and that will
answer
that question :)

-kdf

Gregory Hamilton
2005-03-10, 06:09
Neil

Are you using a trial version of Moodlogic?


On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:42:10 -0000, Neil Cameron <ncameron (AT) msn (DOT) com> wrote:
> OK. tried running slim.exe instead of the service but still can't get
> Moodlogic plug-in check box to stay on and still can't see any Moodlogic
> server settings..
> What's next?
>
> --
> Neil
>
> "kdf" <slim-mail (AT) deane-freeman (DOT) com> wrote in
> message news:1110453978.42302eda525cc (AT) callisto (DOT) deane-freeman.com...
> Quoting "Craig, James (IT)"
> <James.Craig (AT) morganstanley (DOT) com>:
>
> > KDF,
> > Are you sure about it working as a service?
> > I only ask because the other COM-based plugins (Moodmagic & iTunes)
> > won't work if SlimServer is a service.
> >
>
> I might be wrong...I never run as a service.
> try running manually, if it fails to show up with a service and that will
> answer
> that question :)
>
> -kdf
>
>

Neil Cameron
2005-03-10, 06:17
Well, I haven't paid for it yet if that's what you mean - I wanted to see if
it worked first!

--
Neil


"Gregory Hamilton"
<gregory.hamilton (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote in message
news:fae71f32050310050965f99274 (AT) mail (DOT) gmail.com...
> Neil
>
> Are you using a trial version of Moodlogic?
>
>
> On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:42:10 -0000, Neil Cameron
> <ncameron (AT) msn (DOT) com> wrote:
>> OK. tried running slim.exe instead of the service but still can't get
>> Moodlogic plug-in check box to stay on and still can't see any Moodlogic
>> server settings..
>> What's next?
>>
>> --
>> Neil
>>
>> "kdf" <slim-mail (AT) deane-freeman (DOT) com> wrote
>> in
>> message
>> news:1110453978.42302eda525cc (AT) callisto (DOT) deane-freeman.com...
>> Quoting "Craig, James (IT)"
>> <James.Craig (AT) morganstanley (DOT) com>:
>>
>> > KDF,
>> > Are you sure about it working as a service?
>> > I only ask because the other COM-based plugins (Moodmagic & iTunes)
>> > won't work if SlimServer is a service.
>> >
>>
>> I might be wrong...I never run as a service.
>> try running manually, if it fails to show up with a service and that will
>> answer
>> that question :)
>>
>> -kdf
>>
>>

Gregory Hamilton
2005-03-10, 07:20
Neil

Just to be sure, trying downloading from this page. They have had
problems in the past with the incorrect version being posted. Just
click on the Download button.

http://www.moodlogic.com/latestversion.html


On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:17:30 -0000, Neil Cameron <ncameron (AT) msn (DOT) com> wrote:
> Well, I haven't paid for it yet if that's what you mean - I wanted to see if
> it worked first!
>
> --
> Neil
>
> "Gregory Hamilton"
> <gregory.hamilton (AT) gmail (DOT) com> wrote in message
> news:fae71f32050310050965f99274 (AT) mail (DOT) gmail.com...
> > Neil
> >
> > Are you using a trial version of Moodlogic?
> >
> >
> > On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:42:10 -0000, Neil Cameron
> > <ncameron (AT) msn (DOT) com> wrote:
> >> OK. tried running slim.exe instead of the service but still can't get
> >> Moodlogic plug-in check box to stay on and still can't see any Moodlogic
> >> server settings..
> >> What's next?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Neil
> >>
> >> "kdf" <slim-mail (AT) deane-freeman (DOT) com> wrote
> >> in
> >> message
> >> news:1110453978.42302eda525cc (AT) callisto (DOT) deane-freeman.com...
> >> Quoting "Craig, James (IT)"
> >> <James.Craig (AT) morganstanley (DOT) com>:
> >>
> >> > KDF,
> >> > Are you sure about it working as a service?
> >> > I only ask because the other COM-based plugins (Moodmagic & iTunes)
> >> > won't work if SlimServer is a service.
> >> >
> >>
> >> I might be wrong...I never run as a service.
> >> try running manually, if it fails to show up with a service and that will
> >> answer
> >> that question :)
> >>
> >> -kdf
> >>
> >>

kdf
2005-03-10, 13:35
Quoting Neil Cameron <ncameron (AT) msn (DOT) com>:

> OK. tried running slim.exe instead of the service but still can't get
> Moodlogic plug-in check box to stay on and still can't see any Moodlogic
> server settings..
> What's next?
>

I can't recall if you need a full version or not in order to get the connection
working. I think the trial version allows somethign on the order of 100 songs
to be activated.

try this from the command prompt:

c:\program files\slimserver\server\slim.exe --d_moodlogic

if the server cannot find moodlogic, you will get error output there. Try
re-enabling the plugin and see what the log shows.

-kdf