PDA

View Full Version : SB2 and radioio



Maurice Poirier
2005-03-09, 09:08
Will SB2 give free access to radioio like SB1?
If not, does this mean that owners of SB1 will lose this privilege?

vidurapparao
2005-03-09, 09:16
Maurice Poirier wrote:

> Will SB2 give free access to radioio like SB1?
> If not, does this mean that owners of SB1 will lose this privilege?

Access to Internet radio via SlimServer is unchanged for SB1 and SB2. As
long as there are free stations available, you will be able to freely
access them through your Squeezebox.

The "always-on" functionality, available through the SqueezeNetwork,
allows you to use a SB2 (including listening to radio) without having a
local machine running SlimServer. For now, this is a SB2 only feature.

vidurapparao
2005-03-09, 09:49
Vidur Apparao wrote:

> Maurice Poirier wrote:
>
>> Will SB2 give free access to radioio like SB1?
>> If not, does this mean that owners of SB1 will lose this privilege?
>
>
> Access to Internet radio via SlimServer is unchanged for SB1 and SB2.
> As long as there are free stations available, you will be able to
> freely access them through your Squeezebox.
>
> The "always-on" functionality, available through the SqueezeNetwork,
> allows you to use a SB2 (including listening to radio) without having
> a local machine running SlimServer. For now, this is a SB2 only feature.


I didn't notice that the original question was about radioIO. Yes,
radioIO access continues to be free for both boxes.

David & Renee MacDonald
2005-03-09, 10:45
Will the always on radio feature work with computers with integrated
wireless router built into the motherboard (eg A8V-E Deluxe with ASUS AI
Proactive features -Wifi-g on board & AI NET2 )?
----- Original Message -----
From: "Vidur Apparao" <vidur (AT) slimdevices (DOT) com>
To: "Slim Devices Discussion" <discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 11:49 AM
Subject: [slim] SB2 and radioio


> Vidur Apparao wrote:
>
>> Maurice Poirier wrote:
>>
>>> Will SB2 give free access to radioio like SB1?
>>> If not, does this mean that owners of SB1 will lose this privilege?
>>
>>
>> Access to Internet radio via SlimServer is unchanged for SB1 and SB2. As
>> long as there are free stations available, you will be able to freely
>> access them through your Squeezebox.
>>
>> The "always-on" functionality, available through the SqueezeNetwork,
>> allows you to use a SB2 (including listening to radio) without having a
>> local machine running SlimServer. For now, this is a SB2 only feature.
>
>
> I didn't notice that the original question was about radioIO. Yes, radioIO
> access continues to be free for both boxes.
>
>



--
No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.7.0 - Release Date: 08/03/2005